jojo

I'm setting a new nano tank....here are what i will go to buy this weekend

1.7 gallons or 10 gallons tank

2.lighting system

3.heater

4.powerhead

5.salt

6.kit+termometer

Is there anything i should buy others from these lists?

Here are my questions

1.What lighting system should I use?Any advice?

2.how many watts of heater?

3.Which size of powerhead?

5.what is s.p and s.g? are they different?

The last thing is where should i put my tank?I got pictures for you

just choose A or Bpic1

pic2

Reefer_Buddha

its hard fighting the urge to flame you. For 1 you multi posted which is a no no. and for 2 for not searching. BUT its friday so ill be nice :).

id get 10g , more water volume = safer for newbs. get a 50-75w heater. 100-200gph powerheads will work. Not sure what you mean by "s.p" but SG is salinity (gravity in the water)

lighting is a whole book in itself. If youre keeping soft corals a 65w smartlite will work or a 96w powerquad will cover anything (except clams) you wana put in there. good luck

reefer, i love the remarks you make before you give your help and info. More dark humor like yours is needed in this world....we would be a better place and more people would take things with a grain of salt. People wouldnt be so stuck up :)

anyway...the 96 quad is what I just purchased for my 10 gallon. Looks like anything goes with that, except clams. I second Reefers notion.

and for opinions on where you should put your tank, that is entirely up to you. you have to check out the surrounding areas, and make sure you are clearly able to get to the tank and all the equipment...use a stand or sturdy counter with little or no other electrical equiment as well (other than the tank equipment)

Archived