Pod Your Reef

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nevermore1701

Can you just pour the bag into a net over the sink and dump the shrimp from the net into the tank? I personally hate getting foreign water into my tanks :o

surgicalsense
Just got back. Scales 'n Tails had the cherry shrimp, so I got two! I didn't realize how tiny they are!!!!!!! I also got a zebra nerite....very pretty! Guess I won't need Mark's after all :)

Excellent! Mark's is cool, but over priced. I am glad you found them at Scales. :D

I just burst out laughing! :lol:

Grammer is our friend :D

Is it ok to get back water in my tank????

I meant bag water

In small amounts I am sure. I wouldn't dump the whole thing in.

Can you just pour the bag into a net over the sink and dump the shrimp from the net into the tank? I personally hate getting foreign water into my tanks :o

See that is the catch 22 of it. The invert lived in that forgein water ;)

... Not to worried about breaking it in again. I hardly have enough livestock in my tank right now. All together they are really not making a lot of waste. The biggest poo'er is the frogspawn and then second are the clowns.

Wait... your frogspawn creates more waste their your clowns? How is that possible? I thought fish created way more waste than any coral.

surgicalsense
Wait... your frogspawn creates more waste their your clowns? How is that possible? I thought fish created way more waste than any coral.

The frog has several mouths. This is the only reason why...

surgicalsense

Just got home from playing the tide pools at Leo Carillo state beach.

I have some awesome pictures to share.... will upload during half time :P

Octopus, several nudi, starfish, tons of hermits 3 different kinds, sea squirts, I think a coral (totally could not tell) ... blennies and/or gobies I had a really hard time telling. I found a orange gregorian branch and orange sea sponge :)

nevermore1701
Just got home from playing the tide pools at Leo Carillo state beach.

I have some awesome pictures to share.... will upload during half time :P

Octopus, several nudi, tons of hermits 3 different kinds, blennies and/or gobies I had a really hard time telling. I found a orange gregorian branch and orange sea sponge :)

That sounds so cool! Can't wait for pics.

Are you planning to put the stuff you rescued in your tank? You realize the water is going to be way too warm for them right?

Can't wait to see all the pics!

surgicalsense
Well you were saving them, they would have died on the beach without you. ;)

Exactly!! The gregorian polyps are coming out :) just a few. It looks like it has been through hell. I wasn't sure if it had any life in it. Color is good, nice and bright orange. It is about 10 inches long.

The sponge is in a separate container, hard to tell. It is about the size of a quarter.

surgicalsense
Are you planning to put the stuff you rescued in your tank? You realize the water is going to be way too warm for them right?

Can't wait to see all the pics!

Yes I know -_- ... but the gregorian is already looking better. I honestly expected to be mad for a bit. I will post pictures of them after the game.

hd8ng.jpg

This nudi (if that is what it is) was freakin huge! Fatty

R4r8O.jpg

JMnR6.jpg

odddB.jpg

surgicalsense

qEnrf.jpg

This one was smaller about 5 inches long. Again I am assuming it is a nudi of some sort.

lhpzM.jpg

Here is the octopus. It was a good size, the body was as big as a soft ball and the tentacles were the about 2ft. Then it began to try to bury itself in the sand while it was stranded in the tide pool.

8K5H8.jpg

surgicalsense

vIJ0I.jpg

There was red, brown, blue sea stars.

pVSBb.jpg

gjEdY.jpg

1rA0l.jpg

I'm so jealous you got to see an octopus. They're such cool creatures :)

Oh and here's info about sea hares:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aplysiomorpha

I have been to Leo Carillo hundreds of time, since I follow the tide reports. This was the first :D

1rA0l.jpg

2ZzAa.jpg

The best for last. This was an interesting find also :D

SR2No.jpg

UVMWo.jpg

pUygX.jpg

qH2rT.jpg

I will miss the Ventura coastline :( when I move ... but will back for vacations, yay!

Okay some more....

otldx.jpg

Huge greenish/blue hermit.

7Rl0x.jpg

surgicalsense
So cool!

That last one is a Nudi I am not sure what kind but so pretty.

Most def ... the others were sea hares. Weird looking and other first picture was really big and strange looking.

That's it. I'm signing up for a dive when I'm out there.

I'm so jealous. I loooove octos. I wish I lived near the ocean so I could get stuff for my tank. Or see all those cool creatures like the bright colored nudi things. Sigh.

Archived