inTank Media Baskets

120 Gallon Alaskan Adventure

alaskan84

saltwatercoral
Very nice set-up!

Saltwatercoral...... I think you're ate up with Al Sols.... :wacko:

"ate up with Al Sols?" r u meaning crazy fir them?

Any more pictures? Any news on the AI club!

:mellow:

so things were alot busier this weekend than I had thought. Didnt get to snap the pictures I had hoped, but I did redo my eco pico that I have at work with new filter/sand/liverock and i think it looks alot better. I also received my 24" NEP fixture for the sump on saturday so I have even more pressure to get that installed this evening with pictures ;) Thanks for following

saltwatercoral
:mellow:

so things were alot busier this weekend than I had thought. Didnt get to snap the pictures I had hoped, but I did redo my eco pico that I have at work with new filter/sand/liverock and i think it looks alot better. I also received my 24" NEP fixture for the sump on saturday so I have even more pressure to get that installed this evening with pictures ;) Thanks for following

YUP!

So here is a little update!

Installed the Nova Extreme T5HO fixture for the sump today. Cant compare to the cheapo walmart fixture that i started with. Now maybe i can put a coral or two down there :)

Sump with Walmart Flourescense

sumpWMlight.jpg

Sump with new Nova Extreme T5HO

SUMPNEP.jpg

BRS Dual Carbon/GFO Reactor

BRSdualReactor.jpg

Skimmer in action

Skimmer.jpg

SkimProduct.jpg

ATO

ATO.jpg

FTS @ 11/21/2011 5:50pm

FTS120-1.jpg

FTS120Angled.jpg

Full Cabinet Shot

FullShelf.jpg

that is a lot of supplies for one tank. even tho half of the shelves is holding empty boxes..but still

I have 4 saltwater and 5 freshwater tanks so believe it or not, most of that stuff will get used...ive got other junk that i know wont get used stored out in the garage :P

New Video Feed!!

******New Panasonic Webcam Link**********

Panasonic HX Series Webcam

Username=tankwatcher

password=noleaks

im starting to think that any webcam is going to look pretty poor unless ive got it almsot pressed up against the glass...... At least this ones got full PTZ control and is refreshing much quicker than the android phone is :lol:

Edit: I fixed the IP link for the new webcam....feel free to PTZ around :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry for the lack of updates, life been busy but the reef tanks haven't taken a hit!

long story short, i haven't QT'd with this tank yet, and almost 3 months ago i bought a sailfin tang from my only semi-lfs and brought him back on the airplane. Acclimated him and dropped him in the tank. Within 2 days my PBT and the new sail fin were showing signs of ich. sailfin and sixline were in the trap within a couple days, but it took me almost a month to catch the damn PBT. Once all caught, i started treatment with cupramine. While they all looked healthy in QT, unfortunately i woke up one morning to find the sailfin stuck to my qt powerhead. The copper must have just been too much for him. In the end i wound up with my two original fish, and a well learned lesson....always QT.

So here are some updated coral shots. Some corals have past, and you'll notice some newcomers. This tank has past the 1 year mark, although i don't have any large sps coral growth to share, I'm happy with how things are progressing.

Sorry ahead of time for the watermarks...im working with a temp macbook(damn, bangs head on table), and i didn't load iphoto on it(bangs head again due to cr2 files). used a trial to convert my raw images to jpg.

Here is a FTS

7595088114_07593eeae4.jpg

Rock Flower Anemone

7595097248_05536ae3e8.jpg

This rock flower anemone has had a tough time, constantly roaming the rock...he has shrunk substantially but is still hanging in there. Unknown stony coral has sprouted up next to his current resting spot

7595103804_b450ae1012.jpg

Spooky Blue Blasto that started from a single head

7595099408_943b033662.jpg

Zoa colony that has spread quit a bit

7595101630_384eb5c2c6.jpg

I believe this is an SPS....but hell its been many months and its finally starting to color back up, i frankly can't remember what it was. Its sure looking nice now though

7595105958_0202986efd.jpg

Small mushroom grouping

7595107742_5b0561a772.jpg

Those ever so common green palys that we all have

7595110180_ef222008a5.jpg

Toadstool that i originally had in my 5 gallon pico at work. It was such low light that it started rotting and I had to cut a chunk out of the center. Its since fully recovered and is slowly getting its green tint back

7595112110_16b8a86ff4.jpg

Frogspawns

7595114228_89778c894a.jpg

Green leather coral

7595116370_ba1b6f88c6.jpg

Mushroom coral rock

7595118162_025e546296.jpg

Purple/Green hairy mushroom

7595120106_d78dc71571.jpg

This stony coral had a really hard time. I've moved it twice and I think i've now found its happy home.

7595124708_16896e4edb.jpg

Another stony coral that suffered in the beginning, but is now showing signs of growth

7595127302_cb8875229c.jpg

This poor guy ended up with his flesh half way receded.....slowly he made a recovery and has now grown flesh back over the dead areas!

7595129318_252d76ce29.jpg

Six line wrasse says hello from back home after his cupramine treatment(sooo happy to be eating the wealth of pods that exploded)

7595089894_8ac06ea225.jpg

PBT.....I see no ich!

7595091632_17ae14e8c5.jpg

Oh yeah, i look good from both sides

7595095146_faa42d06fe.jpg

PBT says what?

7595093368_ffe959aff7.jpg

I removed the webcam link due to some network changes that happened a bit back....I'll try to get that camera up this weekend for anyone that was watching

saltwatercoral

What's goin on! Good to see you are still going strong! Nice to always see some pics of progression!

Archived