Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

How to feed a brain coral??

dmw913

Hi -

I did a seach on this topic but was not satisfied with any references I found.

My question: How does one target feed a brain coral. I've tried putting brine shrimp near the mouth of the brain, etc. but my fish keep eating the food before the brain can ingest it.

I'm sure I'm making an error. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

TIA

Denise

Read to it? - brain. . . coral. . . . . I'm retarded.

JK. Maybe wait until nighttime when the feeder tenticles come out. Then turn off the pumps, stick the food onto a feeder tenticle, fend off the fish with a chopstick, and wait.

I would suggest feeding a small piece of raw cocktail shrimp.

With or without the shell? I am guessing without. I am interested in knowing this also. I have yet to find info that makes me feel comfortable with buying an open brain coral.

Yeah, you want something larger than brine shrimp. The shell doesn't matter. Just place the piece of meat onto the tentacles when they come out. The coral will take care of the rest.

i prefer to feed my anenomes and corals smaller peices of shrimp, either finly cut peices of shrimp or brine shrimp/mysis shrimp. i find that they digest the smaller peices of food more readily. just my .02

AReeferIsExpensive

i turn on actinics and unplug the powerheads and squirt my brain with some microvert. about 5-10 minutes later i come back and its mouth is open, then i put a piece of mysis shrimp tail first into it and it slowly eats it. fun to watch~

Archived