SaltCritters.com

400 W MH Pendant

Demosthenes

use a 20k if its a HQI ballast..but i doubt it is...so either go with a 10K or a sunburst 12K...i like the 12K because its more blue..and you don't really need much more actinic supp...as the 10K will look more yellower..i was watching that bid also...but it has no bulbs! so i gave up..ahahah...instead..i got 2 sets of Hamilton 250W with 2 sunburst 12K bulbs from a local reefer for $260!! so now i have 3 sets of MH systems...the only thing i don't have is that hood..but i have a canopy and a 48" x 20" Stainless Steel Reflector that i can mount it on..so i don't really need the hood..

i am thinking about selling one set off to a fellow reefer that may need it...

i am asking what i paid for..$130...its a Hamilton Ballast (all wired and ready to go) with extra long 10' of heavy duty cords, ceramic moguel cocket and a Sunburst 12K bulb (the unit is approx 5 months old) I fired up the bulbs last night is looks soooo good..with a slight blue tint...let me know if anyone is interested...

Sorry Demo...didn't mean to advertise on your thread..hahahahha

Demo,

I use a 400W pendant and I use the Xanium 15K bulb from hellolights I love it. All my corals flouresce and It's still a brilliant White color. It looks like my Ushio's with an actinic supliment. they are only $65 as well. I am using coil and core ballasts from a pot grower on e-bay (dual 400W for $100)

Try them out you will love them,

Toy

Archived