Coral Vue Hydros

My 5.5 PicO Manta Ray 12 build

summitwynds

My goal is to have the 3 lights (2 AI Sols AND the Nano) all run "together". I just think sunrises, sunsets, clouds and lightning storms all coinciding on the 2 tanks at the same time will be cool.

Another win!

Great looking Pico! Very nice room too. I really like the AI lights, I'm patiently waiting for the replacement of the SOL's to come out.

Thank you! I like the hidden look too. ;)

I changed the pump to a Hydor Pico 300 (300gph)-- much better flow. Ive only got zoas in there so it seems perfect for them. I was hoping to not have to put a powerhead or anything else in. Zoas seem happy.

Thanks for the update. I'm strongly leaning towards getting this tank. Did you order the media basket or lid for yours? Is the media basket needed ? I'm trying to tell from the picture what all is included:

MR12.jpg

Also, where did you put your heater?

Sorry for all of the questions, just trying to make sure I understand correctly what all comes with this and what I would need to still get :).

Thanks for the update. I'm strongly leaning towards getting this tank. Did you order the media basket or lid for yours? Is the media basket needed ? I'm trying to tell from the picture what all is included:

MR12.jpg

Also, where did you put your heater?

Sorry for all of the questions, just trying to make sure I understand correctly what all comes with this and what I would need to still get :).

I did order the media basket, but Im not sure its totally necessary. I have charcoal in the first chamber with a micro fiber pad cut to fit. In the 2nd chamber (where the media basket is), I took off the top white square "screen". I dont' have anything in the bottom chamber yet. I need to buy some live rock rubble. And then I have chaeto on top. We'll see how it does, it is getting light. And then the pump and my heater in the last chamber. Im not real pleased with the heater. I have it as low as it goes and its running about 77/78.

Yes, I did order the glass lid for it. Im not using it yet. Ive got nothing that will jump out. Its not a big deal for me to do top offs, but if I were to go away at all I would put the top on. Chris is sending me the knobs for the top as he didn't want to hold the tank up. You can still use the top without the knobs. Its a nice solid piece of glass.

This shot is so win.... B)

Thank you!

• 11 months later...

This tank is now for sale. My husband agreed to letting me upgrade to 200 gallon. Its going to go "in the wall" behind where the PicO is, which is a closet. The tank will be viewable from 2 rooms. The guest room and my office.

I will post it in the For Sale forum.

Finally... its here!

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo12.jpg

Archived