Top Shelf Aquatics

Tampa Bay Saltwater???

schaferfred

schaferfred

I was thinking of going with the package of live rock and clean up crew from Tampa Bay Saltwater for my 10 gallon:

http://www.tbsaltwater.com/package_chart.html

They send you some live rock to begin your cycle then send you the rest of the live rock and clean up crew after your tank cycles. Their "recipe" for success is the following

10 lbs. live sand

20 lbs. live rock

20 - Blue leg hermits

5 - Turbo snails

1 - brittle star

1 - Tiger tail cucumber

1 - peppermint shrimp

Now I have read that maybe Astrea snails are better for a ten gallon setup because they don't get as big as the turbos. What you all think and has anyone else dealt Tampa Bay Saltwater? I hear very good things about them

saw this on another thread of yours...

TBS is a very good online vendor...from what i've heard. personally i chose not to go with them b/c of all the life that comes on their rock...gets in the way when your trying to place corals. many people have used TBS rock and love it, just wasn't right for me.

as for cleanup crew packages...i think there just a way for the vendors to get people to spend money, you get way too large of a cleanup crew IMO. 20 BL hermits is a lot for 10g....

Boomerblaster

Hi! I just recieved my 20 gallon package over the last month, and let me tell you it was truely a great experience. I did the same as you, i questioned their clean up crew. I thought 40 blue legs in a 20! NO WAY? But i talked to Richard (The owner of the business) and he said you definately will need them. The blue legs you get are VERY tiny. And they do a great job on the rock! I haven't had any deaths. I think he is right in the number he chooses for each animal, after all they have been in the business for a very long time and i think, by now, they should know what they are talking about!!! But believe me have confidense in their business. One tip though, i would request small rocks to fit a 10 gallon (stress this point) because i told them i had a 20 and the rocks were a bit big (broke out the chisel and hammer)! I would send you pics, but i dont have my digi cam right now... if you have any questions feel free to ask me!! I check this board very often. Hope i helped..

-Jonathan

schaferfred

Thx Phenom and Boomer. I believe I will be getting that package from Tampa Bay. $145.00 for the rock, sand and crew is not that bad. Now the freight to bring it here is another story....lol

Archived