SaltCritters.com

Dry Florida Reef Rock

modulok

When I first setup my tank I got the 50 lbs of dry rock from ReefCleaners. Being my first tank I liked them very much, and they were cost effective and didn't bring in unwanted hitchhikers.

I got about 7-8 lbs of Fiji Live rock, and a few smaller rocks from a friend's tank to help seed my tank.

Now it is coming up on 3 months after my tank cycled and I wanted to add some more rocks. I wanted some dry Shelf or Branch rock, but had a tough time coughing up $5 per pound and not knowing what I would get from another online seller.

So I went back to RC and ordered 30 lbs of dry rock. In the comments I asked for flat pieces, and nothing too large because I have a good base now. I emailed RC three pics and John emailed me saying he would pick out some rocks that would help balance out what I have currently.

1912.jpeg

1913.jpeg

1914.jpeg

The new rocks should come either today or tomorrow and I will post the new rockscape.

very nice tank. John is a great guy and I'm sure he will hook you up. One question, how are you keeping good water movement behind the rock wall? Just concerned about it being a detritus collection area.

surgicalsense
When I first setup my tank I got the 50 lbs of dry rock from ReefCleaners. Being my first tank I liked them very much, and they were cost effective and didn't bring in unwanted hitchhikers.

I got about 7-8 lbs of Fiji Live rock, and a few smaller rocks from a friend's tank to help seed my tank.

Now it is coming up on 3 months after my tank cycled and I wanted to add some more rocks. I wanted some dry Shelf or Branch rock, but had a tough time coughing up $5 per pound and not knowing what I would get from another online seller.

So I went back to RC and ordered 30 lbs of dry rock. In the comments I asked for flat pieces, and nothing too large because I have a good base now. I emailed RC three pics and John emailed me saying he would pick out some rocks that would help balance out what I have currently.

1912.jpeg

1913.jpeg

1914.jpeg

The new rocks should come either today or tomorrow and I will post the new rockscape.

Pic 3, what type of LR is that. I have one of those. I have like 5 different types of LR in my tank.

• 2 weeks later...
OK, finally got the rocks in and settled. I like how they turned out! Thanks RC!

1920.jpeg

Pics or, you know, it didn't happen and everything.

Edit: You're quick.

That's what I thought, but the pic was with the post, no edits from me!

Nah, it wasn't there when I clicked reply.

Hence the edit.

Strange...

Archived