Innovative Marine Aquariums

{insert-user}+{insert-tank} = topic_title

siwelk

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you wuoldnt be interested in a 24" by 24" by 9" cube tank would you? I was going to set it up as a frag tank but dont have the time or space right now....

you wuoldnt be interested in a 24" by 24" by 9" cube tank would you? I was going to set it up as a frag tank but dont have the time or space right now....

I might!

I want everyone's number here. PM it to me.

Teen Line?

O rly?

Possibly.

Sorry, hun, you know I just get jealous sometimes.

:D

yes rly....I can pm you a pic if youd like. Im starting spring cleaning early so I want it gone lol. you could even make it a sweet shallow lagoon type tank. That was another idea I had.

Crazy chalice tentacle extension I caught early this AM.

Pic was taken using 'Night Mode' FWIW.

A little washed out, you get the gist.

IMG_1436.jpg?t=1332025208

yes rly....I can pm you a pic if youd like. Im starting spring cleaning early so I want it gone lol. you could even make it a sweet shallow lagoon type tank. That was another idea I had.

Lol.

Civickm and I are mulling it over.

It might be too big for where I'd put it....

vertex.jpg?t=1332143587

NICE! now get that stand done!

Once I get my apex I am gonna order the Avast digital ATO, then use the jbj ato for the frag tank...... B)

Nice chalice pic! I never imagined they would extend so much

HA if I could get a pic of the sweepers at night youd be OMG! They are literally 3-4" long.

vertex.jpg?t=1332143587

NICE!

So the avast is like the JBJ ato but has:

-digital output - plug and play into apex or other controllers.

-a backup switch that is still float.

-magnetic brackets.

But it does not have optical sensor like the Tunze.

DO I have this right?

I'm not sure what type of 'sensor' the Avast ATO uses.

I DO know that it has 0 moving parts and is NOT like a traditional float.

I've heard it called a 'pressure tube sensor' (link) whereas the Tunze is an 'optical' sensor.

The only difference I see is the method in which they choose to monitor the water lever.

Optical vs Pressure

"Driven by a pressure-sensitive switch located in the relay box, a strong magnetic field won't affect its operation. The sensor tube can't get clogged with calcium deposits or activated by wayward snails as there are no moving parts. Our top-off system is capable of maintaining the sump water level within +/- 1/4" tolerance (1/2" overall) and features a built-in range buffer or hysteresis effect, which prevents rapid on-off switching that sometimes occurs when cheap float switches bob up and down in small waves."

http://www.avastmarine.com/ssc/do/product/...ing/Top-off-Kit

Archived