Top Shelf Aquatics

jbj nano skimmer

airangel

Hi all

I know there had been some discussion on the company adding a skimmer to the existing 12g cube....I again contacted them (was told they were working on one to be released in March or April for the current cube ) and got this response to the question as well as asking them about the amt of sponges given with the cube (mine had 4, 2 that I was unaware of and I blame the sponges for harboring something that crashed my tank) anyhow...they write:

We do not currently offer a skimmer for the Nano Cube. We are looking to incorporating a skimmer in the new 24 gallon Nano Cube that will be released in the summer.

Your Nano Cube should come with 2 black sponges for mechanical filtration.

thanks,

JBJ - U.S.A. - AQUARIUM PRODUCTS

Online Customer Care

jbjlighting@aol.com

www.jbjlighting.com

Fax: (310) 672-7261

That's odd. Mine came with four sponges. I yanked two of them out, and cut about 1" from two sides of the other two in order to make it easier to get them out of the back of the tank. I rinse them in RO when i do my weekly water change to get all of the crap out.

I had only found two in the left compartment, then read about someone having 4....after tank death when I went to redo the entire thing but the sandbed, lo and behold I found 2 more. Wrote back to the company...you would think they'd know what they stock their tanks with!

Blinkgyrl2987

Cool a 24 gallon nano! Maybe it will actually hold 12 gallon..lol Well anyways whos getting it? I'm thinking about it.. my clowns want more room!

After the success I've had with my 12gal Nano, I'm really thinking I will buy the 24l. Only this time I have a little more knowledge so I might do a little moding (if needed). I haven't said this to anyone yet, but I was able to put a Banggai Cardinal in my tank after only cycling for three days!!! Had hermits and snails in after five! Its been up and running for almost a month and my coraline is growing great. 20lbs LS, 6lbs LR, an extra PH, and a 100 watt heater were added, otherwise its 100% stock. One teaspoon of Seachem reef plus and one teaspon of reef complete each twice a week!!! I know I took a risk, but this thing just seems bullet proof (knocking on wood)!

Bobo

B)

Archived