Top Shelf Aquatics

Ultra Algae X

kevlow

I give this product an extremely good review. It is made by Fauna Marin.

After new tank set up and two months of cycling my new tank developed a great crop of Bryopsis. I then installed a biopellet system to attack the bryopsis. This reduced the Bryopsis by 3/4 but not completely removing it. It also produced a great bacterial slime which evolved into Dinos. I battled these for nearly three months. I starved the tank, reduced light, witheld WCs, and syphoned never gaining ground. The dinos gradually killed corals and attacked new pieces that were weakened and paled by the reduced light and no dosing or feeding.

Searching and reading online from alot of sites I read about this product. It has only been available in Europe but rescently is being carried by Cherry Corals for sales in the U.S. I have used it exactly as directed and had immediate results. One dose every other day, 5 ml per 26 gals. By the second day most all dinos and bryopsis were gone. I continued for a total of four doses over eight days. It is stated that a brief reappearrance is possible and to be ready to dose again. It has been four days since my last treatment application and the tank is competely clean. I hope that it remains this way because Dinos are the nastiest problem I have ever experienced in this hobby.

Have since resumed lighting schedule and done a small target feeding of a few corals. Will do my first WC today. Biopellet reactor has not gone back into use and will remain off line.

I wish I had used this product sooner.

kevin

• 1 month later...

Archived