Top Shelf Aquatics

4 months to the day, damn i love this

TheEvilbbug

TheEvilbbug

did i tell you guys how much i love this? because i really love this. with exception to jerry the abusive decorator crab and a six line that keeps eating all my shrimp. This has been awsome, but i think i'm going to break it down and go fresh water.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAA hAAAA hahahhhaaah :D

seriously i love this! had you going for a second right? lol

TheEvilbbug

check out the sea fan, a georgian err somthing. it's was about 2 weeks of nothing but, well nothing really. it grew some algae, then started to shed the algae. And now its polyps are opening! it is sweet. and when jerry is bussy hanging on it beating up the return. it dosn't close up, it just keeps on being beautiful.

Blinkgyrl2987

Man I love the xenia.... it is sooo pretty Thats what I have been looking for... did it spread on its own or did you frag it? Also what is the stuff to the right of the xenia... I love it! Great tank... is it a percula or ocellaris clown? you should love this hobby.. because your tank is beautiful... Megan~`

PS: what else you got in there?

TheEvilbbug

where o where do i even begin to describe what is crawling around in there?

the xenia was a small frag stuck to an odd rock, what was 5 little pulsing bits has gone to a mass of pulsing bliss, split into 3 seperate entities and has had some clippings added to my 55 and a frag swap.

the clown is a perculia, cute little devil, he was supposed to be a replacement for my sexy shrimp eating six line. My net isn't quick enough to make the exchange.

this message is going to take me all night to write because i'm going to be looking all this stuff up, and on a freshly formated and reup'd computer, things are usualy fast, but awkward and bumpy.

wellllllll how about the tank. first

Jebo r138 10ish gallon

mag float (very important for knocking snails off the glass)

plenum base and 1/2scale deep sand bed ;)

coustom "backpack" refugium 5gallon

some sort of heater from CA products

and a skimmer i made for $2, works better than a complete water change. seriously the water i pull out is clearer and smells better than my RO water change water. go fig!

test kits, i don't need no stinking test kits! just watch the xenia, it tells you when to step up the alk a bit.

lights, 2 27watt PC blue, yah yah, not really and actinic, and a 10k

all that is nice but it dosn't meen jack if you don't have:

from left up and over to the lower right, i have

fiji live rock, verry green and purple

some stupid shroom that loves the sand,

orange carnation (shrunk up in pic)

green(brown w/ green base) hairy shrooms

some kink of small branching purple macro and some razor calurpa that i'm trying to kill, (does roundup work in here?)

err, umm,,, oh yah GSP's for dayz

to the left of the gsps is a finger leather, green and pink, cool!

above taht is my coraline covered water outlet to the refuge. 4 months woot!

red linka starfish on front glass, 3 months old now

to the right of that is one of 3 colonial anemonies a huge green shroom and the small clump of pX

on the tippy top is a piece of pink sps that hit me in the head at a frag swap, i kept what went down my shirt, it is growing well, under my pc's wow!

down to the right is a huge clump of PX with my clown goby inside

to the right again you will some sort of red stalk colonial white polyps, beautiful, but not exciting.

behind that is my newest addition, the red sea fan, all of its polyps are now opening and it is showing off some very vibrant red coloring.

down south a bit i have a coloflour leather that is mimicing a toad stool

throw in some ricordias, yellow polyps a big red shroom, a frag of colt, some yellow nudie's, and the frogswawn on center stage, and you have all my most obvious bits.

there are manny differnt types of sponges clams(idy bidy) and other little bits that live and breed in my tank, i love them all

anaminimals you ask?

midnight reef crab (black porcelin) (swiffer)

perc clown (monkey)

yellow goby (post it)

six line (half ass)

decorator crab (jerry)

random snails (not a hermit, seeee)

blue leged hermits (is it just me or do they really remind you of imigrant gardners) never say much and always knock over the lawn gnomes

star fish,,,,,

errr???

ok ok i'm being hasty now,,,,,

a pep shrimp (expendable, and eat that damn thing that might be a baby aptasia!)

a pistol shrimp, (dug up the sand around a rock and dissapeared, must have squashed himself

all sorts of squigly bits. just love it!

i'm tired now, gnight

TheEvilbbug

g into your member profile and edit the pic again, it won't let you do anything custom untill after you post a time or two.

UPDATE!!!

yanked half my xenia out today, stuff grows like mad! AND!!

my pistol shrimpypoo is still alive, his little cave is real close to the glass on the side of the tank, i saw a little red and white thing and said, bam, gotcha suker! in a thretening tone of voice. Hopefully he will do something cool soon.

Archived