Coral Vue Hydros

Little creatures can't really see in Algae!

cirionrc

I have a 72 gallon tank and is about 5 weeks old now. The brown diatom algae is dying off in the tank. I have 2 damsels and a lion and about 10 lbs. of live rock. Well the question I have is, we have a 20 gallon refugium. There is one live rock, about an inch and a half of aragonite and a half inch of miracle mud on top. Well the tank is hard to get into so we have not vacuumed the gravel, considering there is no fish in it anyway but the brown diatom algae is so bad that it looks like it is balls of fine fine hair all over the place. I looked really closely and there is little white bugs swimming around in the algae. What the hell is that? Are these normal? Are they bad for the tank? Are they parasites? and how do I get rid of these things?

fliberdygibits

those bugs are a good sign. They indicate life and developing diversity. They are a sign that the tank is maturing. They will also provide food for some of the larger critters in your tank, meaning you have to add less food in. Count yourself lucky. Some never get those:)

Archived