inTank Media Baskets

20H - The Mushroom Gorge: 9/17 Photo Dump

GregBox

A Warning to all the newbies (myself included) do yourself a favor and stay away from the dead sand, the $6 a bad is tempting, but my cyno confirmed that this sand is the common demoninator of a lot of cynao outbreaks from some of my reefing buddies. Now I am fully aware of over feeding and flow being a major contributor. I feel that these are not to blame here. This sand is the only change that was made from the tank premove and flow was even added.

+1 on the sand causing cyano. My 44 pentagon was so covered in the stuff that I took it down.

Nice tank BTW. I think I liked the old lights better though. The 20k look just doesn't appeal to me.

altolamprologus
One other pciture of the Yellow Angler.

angler4.jpg

With Esca highlighted.

angler1g.jpg

Yep that's a painted :)

• 2 months later...

A Long long longly overdue update.

Everything is going swimmingly :naughtydance: I lost my GSP colony to RTN, but all other corals are happy and the mushrooms are THRIVING!

I put a SINGLE mushroom on the upper portion of the rock 3 months ago.

imag0255wp.jpg

If I get the time, I'll break out the SLR tonight.

• 1 month later...

Was messing around with the SLR tonight, I like how you can see the chair through the tank.

p8140925.jpg

And how by forgetting to move the mag float gives scale to the mushrooms.

p8140936.jpg

nice shurooms!!!

Why Thank you :-) I only need the Blue Morph and I will be a no holds bard sofite war, no culling, just survival of the fittest.

I have had that Red Colony for one year this upcoming saturday, When I counted Last night my 6 original individuals have produced 32 clones!! omgomgomg:blink:

WOW your red mushrooms just pop with color. It really makes me want one! I also love your coraline growth, very lush.

[/quote

Thank you! Yes they love my T5 s under my LEDs they where bleh the last picture has a little too much red in it. But they are definitely my favorites right now.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow man youve got some seriously PURPLE live rock LOL, What are you dosing or doing with the tank to get such awesome coraline growth?

Ive been dosing with B-Ionic 2 part as well as Vinegar and my pink/purple coralline has really started to take off but nothing yet like your tank, Granted I have only been using the 2 part and vinegar about 2 1/2-3 months

Wow man youve got some seriously PURPLE live rock LOL, What are you dosing or doing with the tank to get such awesome coraline growth?

Ive been dosing with B-Ionic 2 part as well as Vinegar and my pink/purple coralline has really started to take off but nothing yet like your tank, Granted I have only been using the 2 part and vinegar about 2 1/2-3 months

So here is where your going to hate me. I dose nothing, zip, i haven't done a water change in four months. I did dose purple tech about a year ago every week. But not since I transferred the rocks into this tank.

My secret method? When I clean my power heads, I clean scrub them in the tank, which results in a hail storm of spores.

:P

Nice tank and definitely diggin the Shroomies :happydance: ! Might have to add some to my tank at some point.

Thank you, The shroom are deemed a "newb" coral but they are honestly my favorite. :happy:

• 3 months later...

^

Love that shot :)

Mee too, I think it will just have to become my signature. Nice of you to stop by, I'm always jealous of your Mushrooms.

• 1 year later...

I have not updated this thread in a long time, mostly due to the infestation of starfish that has decimated my once coralline encrusted live rock. While picking some of them out of the tank today I decided to take some top down pictures. Enjoy.

Massive Mushroom stockpile.

vhg5.jpg

Xenia Doing well:

jbjt.jpg

Hammer coral got huge!

sfes.jpg

But not as big as my 1" frag leather did!

97x6.jpg

And Finally, the mandatory if you want responses :D FTS

de93.jpg

Archived