Top Shelf Aquatics

2 outta 3 sexys are missin

seaker

I bought 3 sexy shrimp for my nano cube. I acclimated them and they were all there the next day. the day after that, one was missing, then the day after that another was missing. so now I only see one traveling back and forth from my xenia to the toadstool leather. so .. I don't know if the other 2 are dead or hiding. and if somethin killed them, why would they leave the other one there. I have a cleaner shrimp, black clown, and a red head goby along with hermit crabs and snails. anybody got any opinions on what happened to the 2 sexys? thanks..

Perpetual98

That's a lot of critters. Do cleaners and sexy's get along? Maybe they're just hiding. I've got 2 peppermints in my 20L and I can go days without seeing them. When I'm hunting for them, my usual glimpse is a feeler or two coming from a cave or something.

AReeferIsExpensive

Ill tell you what i know from personal experience-

i have a sexy obsession hehe...and so i wanted the most i could fit in my tank, they are small and cute so why not?

They might be hiding, because i know if i lift up a huge shroom, one will pop out. if they arent hiding, its most likely that they are dead from the acclimation process.

i know i have VERY good water quality b.c things are growing TOO FAST for my tank, forcing me to upgrade...but i have found from experience that every single time i take sexies home, there is only a 50% survival rate, and im positive that its nothing in the tank eating them because it happened to me when i had just fish, hermits, and snails also.

it happened EVERY time! When i bring home 2, 1 survives, and when i brought home 10, only 5 survived. I aclimated them hanging the bag in the water on the side of the tank while dripping for a little over an hour. Nothing else in my tank ever has a problem. Once they survive the change, they are actually hardy! Fact seems like, they just DONT take changes well. maybe because they are so small and delicate?

Also, at a LFS there is a bunch of sexies in with cleaners with no probs...but

lets just hope that yours are hiding~ g/l:)

I hope they're hiding.. I haven't seen any bodies.. the other one is doin just fine.. they were all acclimated the same, the drip method.. oh well .. I guess I'll just wait and see if the other 2 show up.. thanks

Archived