SaltCritters.com

10 gallon AGA DIY Sump/Refugium

NewbieReefer

NewbieReefer

I have a 10 gallon AGA sitting around and I wanted to make it a sump/refugium. Does anyone have any suggestions or know where I can go for plans on a 10gallon sump/refugium. I have a 40 gallon tank and I really want to get my powerheads and protein skimmer out of there. All help is greatly appreciated.

im doing same thing with a 29G.

ask some questions i have this hold thing planned out in my head, NEED to get it on paper but it keeps changing. :D

NewbieReefer

I found a picture of a couple of 10 gallon sump/refugium that I think i am going to do. I just don't know what size the baffles should be. I have a Seaclone 100 skimmer that I'm going to put in the sump and I plan on getting a mag 9.5 for the return pump which will go up to a SCWD then out to two 3/4 tubes w/ ball tubing etc. So i just don't know what size each compartment should be, from tank, refugium, then return side. Any ideas or suggestions? How big will I need my overflow box to be? I've been reading that I should have at least a 2" tube or pipe to drain to the sump, is this right?

Archived