inTank Media Baskets

New tank, more pics to come....

fliberdygibits

fliberdygibits

This tank is on my desk at work. It is an Eclipse System 3, 3 gallon bowfront. It is completely cycled. I started it all off with 3 lbs of crushed coral and about 4 lbs of base rock. It was cycled with a few teaspoonfuls of Amonium Hydroxide instead of torturing a fish. When it was stock it's bio-wheel filter moved 35 gallons per hour. The filter was a huge tray thing that took up the whole back of the tank. Since the picture was taken I removed the stock filter and replaced it with a Micro-jet 320 (aprox 48 gph). The removal of the original filter leaves room for 1x13 watt 50/50 and 1x9 watt 03 actinic under the hood. I have these two in a box by my desk now, I just have to install them. The tank is cycled and I have added a piece of LR from my home tank to get 'pods and bristleworms and corraline etc...etc..... started. Once I get the lights installed and a few corals in it, I will post more pics.

This is my first attempt at a nano..... Gonna be fun!

fliberdygibits

I was thinking about some orange/yellow button, maybe foxtail (still not up on all my coral names).

Now, this is gonna have over 7 watts per gallon, are there any lowlight (and small) clams that I could keep one of in a tank like this?

Thanks

i would not recomend clams i would recomend things like leathers and shrooms and button polyps clames need great water quality but cool lookin tank

you could probably keep a derasa clam but not forever because it would get way too big for your tank.

Thats a nice clean setup. Should look superb once the corals are in place and the tank has matured.

Good luck with your new nano. Post us some pics as it progresses.

fliberdygibits

This tank is at my work, but I do support and am on a night shift. Come about 11:30, things die down enough that I plan to break out a dremel tool and epoxy tonight and install these lights. Once I do that, I am gonna start getting some corals in here. I will definately post more pics.

And thanks for the compliments:)

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking about doing something similar to my Eclipse 6 and was wondering if you used epoxy to glue your lights on instead of using bolts. If you did, how's it going? If you still remember, what brand of epoxy did you use? I'm afraid that if I don't use the nuts and bolts, the lights might fall and electrocute everything.

Thanks,

Steve

Archived