ReefCleaners.org

Now that I've got the corals, what fish in my 10g?

ravenlot

I did a forum search on my quest but didn't find much useful information.

I want something colorful (not so much orange and brown since my tank looks like that overall already) with some personality, meaning it's not going to just swim suspended in one place (unless it looks really, really cool). I like clowns but they seem to sometimes host things you don't want them hosting and then just stay in that spot. I don't want something expensive; that money is for corals ;) ... $20 tops but less is preferred. The royal grammas and the yellow striped maroon clowns look cool; but I know the tank is too small for the clown and the royal gramma looks kind of big too. The firefish looks interesting but they seem shy. Can someone please help?

Don't know if you need to know how my tank is set up, but I'll describe my 10g tank anyway (no digital camera, sorry). My live rocks are stacked kinda of like a pyramid, not pointy at the top but more Aztec-like. The rocks form a few small caves. I have GSP near the top, xenia, branching hammer, some other hammer (I think, but not green), leather finger, and some zoos and mushrooms. I've got about 6 hermit crabs (don't know what kind), and 4 cerith snails. I don't have a fuge or skimmer. Also, I plan on getting a shrimp (probably a cleaner shrimp) at some point.

EDIT: Saw the thread "What's in your Nano". I think I'll follow that one.

Blinkgyrl2987

Well You sound like you have a pretty good idea of what you don't want! So from reading your ideas the first things that pop into my mind are a sixline wrasse or a bicolor blenny.... the wrasse has lots of colors, doesn't get big, and swims a lot... (out in the open and through holes and crevices also).... so thats why I like that one.... I like the blenny because they have so much personality.... they are usually a yellowish towards the back and a navy blue at the front.... and its neat to watch them swim and then perch themselves on the rocks...

But anyways those are the two that I like.... I don't know if I helped any but I hope you find what you want! Good Luck Megan~`

harbingerofthefish

wrasses sound like a good idea. But, for a few more $$ you can get some relly nice looking psuedochromis.

i have a sunrise in my 7 gallon for over a year now. cool little fish...but mean as hell

Thanks for the suggestions.

I was playing with the idea of getting a sixline wrasse after seeing it swim at my LFS. And I've been looking at some pictures of the psuedochromis too. Those look neat too but my LFS doesn't have them.

I'm in no hurry though.

Archived