Innovative Marine Aquariums

5 Gallon

Simbo18

LOL, thanks. That orange clump of zoos on the bottom (a little to the left) is the mother colony..... I just set the rock up there for about a month and waited for it to grow over onto the PH.

BTW, it's a 175 watt XM 20K with cool touch lighting (electirc) ballast over this tank.

Luke

theclearblue

So we finally meet... you're the one that's been taking all of the good rics before I can get my hands on them. Just ordered some zoos from Rob, should be here tomorrow.

By the way, I really like that picture, the water surface really looks cool.

LOL!!! Sorry dude but it's hard to pass up some of his corals when shipping is $7 (overnight) to James Island.....:D And yes, I take all the good ones; I snaged this awesome one that he probablly wishes he never sold. (I'll post a picture of it later)

I hope your shimpment arives nicely!!! Even though the shipment is such a short distance those duma$$ people can really screw you over. X)

I agree the surface of the water looks cool in the picture but those little ripples make the shimmer effect look unrealistc. They move too fast and it just looks like a disco ball gone crazy in my tank. :| Oh well.

Are you in a local club?

Luke

theclearblue

Hey Luke,

I'll post some pics of my zoos in my tank thread when they get here tomorrow morning. I'd really like to see those rics you're talking about.

I'm sort of a "quasi-member" of CMAC - only been to one meeting.

Looks like we're in one day ground shipping range if you'd ever be interested in some frag swaps.

LOL, yes my aquascapeing is very unusual..... but I have my reason's.

1) My lights are overkill on that tank. I mean who in their right mind would put 175 watts of halide over such a small tank?B)

2) I'm ordering this beast of a sps colonie tonight to put in there. And guess from who..... yeah, it's Rob. lol (BTW that is a underwater pic of his prop tank..... I took it while on a field trip of his tanks. :( It was depresing to see so many gallons of water belong to one man.) But back to the point, this colonie should add some height to my tank and make things a bit more dramatic. I'll just have to see how it turns out.

image-display?photo_id=2248238&size=lg

Here is that ricorida. It's a hotter pink but a lighter blue than in the pic. I got so ####ed when I was taking this pic. I was changing mannual focus and what do you know, a hermit has to come and clime OVER the ricorida. Oh well, even though the pic's a bit out of focus you get the picture.:happy:

image-display?photo_id=2248235&size=lg

Luke

Archived