SaltCritters.com

Best fish and CuC choices (20g long frag tank)

bbrian189

I was just wondering what CuC and what fish I should choose to watch after my frags. It will be a 20g long tank. Would a wrasse be a good choice?

This frag tank will mostly have zoas growing in it. I dont really like snails.. they piss me off knocking everything over. Would hermits be anygood.. if so what kind. I am looking for specifics. I always see yellow coris wrasses in frag tanks at LFS's.

I was just wondering what CuC and what fish I should choose to watch after my frags. It will be a 20g long tank. Would a wrasse be a good choice?

This frag tank will mostly have zoas growing in it. I dont really like snails.. they piss me off knocking everything over. Would hermits be anygood.. if so what kind. I am looking for specifics. I always see yellow coris wrasses in frag tanks at LFS's.

If snails bother you knocking over things, hermits will be a nightmare. :eek: They're notorious for knocking over frags and the like. I don't see why there would be a big snail problem if you're gluing down frags and aren't using turbo snails. Do you basically mean you want fish that will take care of general pests? As you said, a wrasse would be a good choice. I would look into a fourline, sixline, or pink streaked - they all will control pests *to an extent.* The yellow coris wrasse is an excellent choice but will likely get too big or just need more swimming space...perhaps a juvenile would work for a while. If you really want pest-free zoas, then a fish will just help, not solve as they will usually not go after the eggs or go deep down in the colonies. Don't know of any CuC members that would help except for maybe 2 but I could be totally off: Arrow crabs (not reef safe - just won't eat your coral...) and perhaps a Coral banded shrimp...that's about all I can think of. :huh:

• 1 month later...

Go to reefcleaners.org and email John with your question. He won't rip you off and has the best prices that I have ever seen. I guarantee you that he wont steer you wrong.

Go to reefcleaners.org and email John with your question. He won't rip you off and has the best prices that I have ever seen. I guarantee you that he wont steer you wrong.

I second this. John is GREAT!!! i have ordered from him multiple times now

Archived