Here is my nano once again with some recent changes....contents are as follows:

22-28lb Fiji Live Rock

20 Carib-Sea Sand

1 Yellow Fiji Leather Soft Coral

1 Hammer Frag

1 Pagoda Cup Coral (white)

1 Orange Tube Coral (Tubastrea Aurea)

1 Devil's Hand Leather Coral

1 Colony Green w/Pink centers Zoanthus Polyps (approx 40-50 on rock)

3 Marbled Mushrooms

1 Red Mushroom

1 Purple Mushroom

1 Elephant Ear Mushroom (small)

19 Tonga Island Blue Mushrooms (17 on 1 rock, 2 loose in tank)

1 Green Feather Duster/Tube Worm

1 Frag Pumping Xenia Pink/Tan

1 Gold Maxima Clam 2"

1 Favites Brain Coral

1 Frag Alveopora Coral

1 Brown with Green tips Acropora Frag

1 Brown with Purple tips Acropora Frag

1 Colony Pink Button Polyps (approx. 12 polyps)

1 Colony Yellow Polyps (approx. 25 on rock)

1 Green Tipped Bubble Anenome 5"

1 Emerald Crab

1 Turbo Snail

1 Red Legged Hermit Crab

1 Red/Purple Nudibranch

1 Maroon Clown

1 Blue Spot Ladder Goby (cleans the sand)

1 Red Psychodelic Mandarin Goby (and for all you non-believers, it lives well and feeds on copeopods, selcon soaked brine, & Marine Plankton from Liquid Life USA)

1 Red Linka Starfish (small 2" across)

Dosing:

5 drops per day of Sea Chem's Reef Calcium (levels maintained at 420-430 ppm)

.5ml Salifert Liquid Magnesium every 5-7 days or at water changes(levels maintained at 1300-1350 ppm)

.3ml of Kent Strontium/Molybendum every 4-5 days

PH Kept at 8.3

DKH Kept at 9.6

Water Changes done every Sunday of 3 gallons (if self mixed, Tropic Marin Salt is used, otherwise I use Water from my LFS 340gal show reef)

Temp Maintained at 76-78 degrees far.

I actually modified the stock hood and installed 2 coralife 28w pc's...1-10k daylight and 1 03 actinic. the clam does get target fed with "coral plankton" from liquid life usa every other day, and I recently started feeding with Marine Plankton also from Liquid Life USA and I must say, that stuff really makes the corals go nuts!!! pretty much everything in the tank can feed on it, but the corals really show signs from it's use. The clam actually moved itself since the picture was taken to the bottom of the tank to the left of where it was on the rock (just behind where the goby is on the left in the pic). When I feed, I actually try to target each species so they are all fed well...The polyps I feed brine that is soaked in Selcon, and the rest I use a turkey baster and feed either types of plankton. I must suggest to all out there that have stonies and softies to try the Marine Plankton at least once (one small bottle) it really is amazing stuff and you see instant signs that the corals are feeding...it is surprising, but the Xenia frag has only been in the tank for 2 weeks and is already starting to grow...since it's being in the tank, I can see several new little shoots growing out at the base where it is attaching itself to the rock..The Acro is also going very rapidly...I am just amazed at my luck with this little tank...

• 2 weeks later...
fuzzyfroboy

for some reason your tank seems very spacious. how did you do that. i also have a nano cube and i can't figure olut how you can put that much coral in there

i have 1 large piece of a fairly flat fiji rock in the lower rear of the tank (towards the right more), then i have the one on the left that is somewhat like a dome shap (or cave as it opens more inside). on the right side front i have a piece that is a chunk the size of 2 adult fists roughly with a flat piece again bridging the 2 sides...that piece is perched on a piece closer to the size of one fist with some smaller misc. pieces throughout...it is all in the rock...most of the time you find really large pieces that are either bulky or long, or you find real dinky pieces and they are awkward in shape so nothing sits on them...some of these are placed so they balance together to hold up, but it takes lots of moving and patience to find the right setup...my brother in law just shuffled his around to be more like mine and it looks 100% better...just put everything towards the back and it will leave the front space more open to place things on the bottom.

Joey88again

Cool nano cube! SPS and clams need alot more light and a red linkia starfish needs a bigger more stable mature tank. They are very sensitive to water changes. Dang your cube looks good I have one and I just have rock, sand, fish, and a cleaner crew.

thanks joey, but as for the lighting for the clam and sps, it is more than enough seeing as how the acro are not just living, but growing (rapidly i might add) and the sun coral is in the shadiest part of the tank and actually comes out in the day fairly regularly...i look at all life in the tank and see how they are doing and adjust from there...they are all growing, so water chemistry must be good, colors are all maintaining and vivd, so the light must be ok, and everything in the tank is growing. the favites brain has covered and grown over a noticeable portion of its rock/skeleton, the polyps are spreading like wildfire, my tonga blue mushy's doubled count in 2 months, and the acro is growing at a very high rate...one other piece that is booming probably better than anything else is the red sea xenia which when it was given to me had approximately 4 fingers on 1 stalk, since the month it has been in the tank, it has split into 2 stalks, and has about 22 fingers or so! something is certainly working...but thanks for any advise anyone offers, i absorb all ideas, just don't always use every bit...

Archived