inTank Media Baskets

Nano Cube addnl lights

xcajx

Can I add another light in my nano cube without having to alter the hood?

i.e. add in a retrofit and leave the main light untouched? no reflector bending, no moving the existing ballast?

thanks

yes you can thats what i did with mine and it works great. what you have to do is get a jalli 18w refuigium light take it out of the fixture then take off the acrylic cover of the nano cube because you are going to use those predrilled holes from the lens to mount another reflector the reflector should be somewere around 4'' by12'' also drill some holes in the reflector for mounting of pc clips you also will need like a foot of extra wire to make the ballast of it remote WALLA!!! thats it refugium light is somewere in the range of 30 to 40$ GOOD LUCK

ohhhh yea forgot buy a thin sheet of acrylic to cover the lights by resting it on the to of the tank and buy a little fan that can be mounted in the canopy

sounds good, where exactly do you mount it? The part of the hood that flips up for feeding? and where can I purchase the light you mention?

thanks again,

chris

it mounts were the old acrylic cover was for the stock bulb not sure were to get the fixture but check around it a jalli refugium light 18w 50/50

Archived