Cultivated Reef

Dr. Tims One and Only

JDK

So I just ordered some Dr. Tims nitrifying bacteria to help my cycle along. Started a bc29 with BRS Pukani dry rock and have heard good things about Dr Tim's product. Anyone have any experience? Hoping it will speed my cycle up since dry rock is notorious for taking a really long time.

So I just ordered some Dr. Tims nitrifying bacteria to help my cycle along. Started a bc29 with BRS Pukani dry rock and have heard good things about Dr Tim's product. Anyone have any experience? Hoping it will speed my cycle up since dry rock is notorious for taking a really long time.

I've used it in 1 tank to do the complete cycle and it took just over a week, and I've used it on my current macro tank to build up the bacteria gradually. That tank was started with pre-seeded rock and I then used a little Dr. Tim's every other day until it was gone. It seems to work.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it definately did what it said it would do. Dosed ammonia and it gradually dropped over a week. Still have .1 ppm Nitrites but those dropped from >1 to .1 in about 4 days. Recommend this product to anyone for a quicker cycle

Archived