Top Shelf Aquatics

Sort of Nano

camrice

Reefer_Buddha

2x96 on a 30g is way underlighting it. Id push it up to at least 300 or more. Good tank , i like the copperband :P

30 gal is like 3 feet long, right?

It seems like you don't have any SPS or clam... so I guess 2X96 is not a lot, but it can serve your purpose.

You got some weired looking rock. Like your aquascaping.

And, I don't see a lot of algae or aiptasia for copperband/tang to feed on. Wonder if they are starving. What do you feed them?

My yellow tang is nice and plump it has a veggie clip and I have even seen him eat some of the flakes. As for the lighting I know I should have gone for MH but I like the way everything has turned out and I am mostly goning with softcorals which don't require that much light so I'm happy for now. When my funds start to build up I do plan on switching over to the Halides and get some hard corals.

Hey i loved your aquascaping. It shows your tank bigger. What type of rock is it ? It has a different look. You mostly have zoos , soft corals and as far as i can see the only LPS is branching hammer. I believe that your ilumination is pretty good for your guys. I used to have a long 36 G. When i had only soft corals and LPS it was iluminated by 2x95W VHO and they were doing greate when i added SPS s like acros and montis i upgraded my lighting

4x95 W VHO after that the colors and the growth were unbelievable. Do you have a sump and PS? What are the specs of your tank? Normaly feeding Copperbanded B. is a PITA how do you feed it and how long have you been running your tank?

Man it looks amazing you have a nice looking tank. I remembered my old 36G.

Kadir

hey kadaytar

Thanks for the compliments unfortunatly my copperbanded passed away today I think it was because the Yellow tang was taking a hit at him whenever he got a chance. He was the newest edition to my tank only a few days I hate having a fish die on me.:*( Well as for my aquascaping the rock is Carribean as for specs:

30gal long

2x96 compacts

Aquaclear 300

CAP 400

The tank has been up for 2 1/2 months

I wanted to put a sump on my tank but it is on my counter and would be hard to do.

Archived