Coral Vue Hydros

120litre stocking suggestions

guybirch

got a 120litre doing nothing and would really love to step into a reef aquarium but really dont know where to start as to what fish are compatible with the size etc. any suggestions on stocking?

guy

Blinkgyrl2987

Well first off how many gallons is a 120 L tank? Sorry I am no good with conversions!

Also what kind of equipment do you have? Will this be your 1st saltwater aquarium? Let us know what you know!.... And I would love to help you out. Megs~

120l is 30 gallon

no equipment yet :) but getting an arcadia t5 luminare with 4 T5's, skimmer etc.

it will be my first saltwater expedition. i have kept oddball freshies for two years and just wanna take a step up :)

just looking for some suggestions

Blinkgyrl2987

well if you are looking at a reef tank you are going to do some research.. and this is the best place to be to do that!.

Really I should be guiding you on the procedures of set up.... because it will be a little while before you can add any fish.... but since you want some stocking ideas here we go:

I personally like:

ocellaris clown fish

blennys ( bicolor blenny has great personality)

basslets ( royal gramma and the black cap basslet are both neat... but you could only keep one of these because they are aggressive with those of they're same kind.)

cardinal fish

chromis

gobys ( the neon ones are neat ... they clean other fish!)

if you got a pygmy angel fish ....you could only keep one.. and I think 30 gallons is the bare minimum for one of these

Those are just a few examples of fish possible in a 30.. but be aware all these fish couldn't go together ... you should research a few of them and start thinking about with ones you like.... let me know what you think.

dascyllus aruanus (humbugs) took my fancy as did flame angels and i really like the look of a False Gramma (like the dipped in paint look) anddddddd highfin cardinal fish ;)

Blinkgyrl2987

yeah the flame angels are one of my favorites. But beware these guys might nip at corals.... it just all depends.

well anyways i think humbugs are damsels? am I right?

and the other 2 I'm not quite so sure about. But I'll go research them and see.

when do you plan on getting started with your tank? because you know I changed my list of fish like 10 times! before I was actually ready to get my first fish. Well anyways if you'd like some help PM me.... seems like its just me and you on this thread. so far anyways! Well anyways talk to you later.. Byes

Archived