Coral Vue Hydros

What is this?

bluecloud

BKtomodachi

And the algae is growning IN its tentacles, not on them. And its a good thing. Bleached white anemones cant utilize light, but once they start to get some algae in them, they can. Yours is getting better!

harbingerofthefish

Thanks for the extra pics! Except for the Brands, we have basically identical systems, and its cool to see what others have done. I spent last weekend rearranging my rock, and wanted to try and bring it out from the back some more. After seeing your layout, i might go redecorating again this weekend and see how the flows does.

My brand new 3 headed Hammer coral.

It glows in the dark under my blue LED's.

I couldn't take a good picture of that effect.

I bought this to eat the aptasia and it was cheaper than a cleaner shrimp.

It ate the aptasia the first day.

Awesome!

Oh, I found out why my snails are dying...they are flipping over. I lost another snail.

I found the hermits eating it yesterday.

thats a camel shrimp by the way... never knew they ate aiptasia, but thats good that yours did. theyre a little more aggressive than peppermint shrimp tho. so becareful.

Man, how could I have made that mistake? Peppermint shrimp are more translucent.

I hope he doesn't eat my polyps. He hasn't touched them yet.

harbingerofthefish

i like the way things are shaping up, and I commend you on your patience with the stocking.

Is that 3 frags of hammer or a braching hammer?

Bad news guys. The stocking may have been slow, but I was wrong to be adding calcium.

I was under the impression that adding calcium was good. I forgot that too much could be bad.

I had to go on a business trip and I forgot to change the water for that week. My wife added some calcium and the system crashed.

Everything died except for the emerald crab and a couple of snails. The camel shrimp lived for 4 days after the event, but then it died.

I found the clownfish stuck in a rock, so I don't know if the calcium did it or that the fish died and killed everything.

I checked the water right after it crashed and everything was what it was supposed to be. nitrate, nitrite, PH, ammonia, salinity, temperature.

One thing we weren't measuring was calcium.

I can't wait to start over...

By the way, it was a branching hammer.

it could also be the nudibranch because when is tarted out reefing. my nudibranch got sucked into the powerhead and got chopped up releasing some oober badness. just offering another possibility.:(

I added calcium to the tank, and one day, too much was added without a water change. I found the clownfish stuck in a rock.

Either the calcium or the clownfish killed everything.

• 7 months later...

6 months after the crash.

I added an automatic filler.

There are about 100 aptasia's.

I have two snails that like to spawn, and 3 hermits.

One xenia that split into two.

I just tried out the Joe's Juice on some of the aptasia, and it killed them instantly. They are withered and very thin.

anyone have frags they want to donate? ???

Archived