ReefCleaners.org

Tiny white microbes?

NewSchool

Hey everyone, I've got these tiny white things on my glass and can't figure out what they are. Size of a pin tip, very small but I can see them moving on the glass. Can anyone help out with this, are they dangerous?

Think of them as 'nano-reef elves'.

They do good things for your reef while you sleep.

Ok, let's put it this way; if you have pods, you're doing something right. Their prescence in your system is beneficial to the system overall. Not like they scrub the glass or prune algae - but having them thrive in your tank means you're moving in the right direction.

Well that is good to know! I'm a bit skittish with the new tank, a little over cautious maybe. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

I have alot of pods on my glass I say around 100-200 lol :X also I have amphipods on my rock they are big an can be seen if you look hard but do the white lil pods get any bigger than what they are on the glass?

nope, mine haven't gotten any bigger. I also have amphipods or at least I have seen one. My tank seems to be doing some weird stuff, I can't get the water clear, it's always slightly cloudy and tiny bits of dust sized crap floating all around.

mines cloudy but its because the glass is dirty on the inside need to clean it soon because it was super clear but mines for some reason like 2days ago every thing has been happening so fast pods apods bworms plant growth may its outta cycle I test the water but I have a sucky testing kit

Originally posted by NewSchool

Elves is better than gremlins

Especially if they are in water... You don't want gremlins in water...

Archived