Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nitrate reduction factory now fully operational.

Sahin

I just tested the nitrates in my tank with two test kits. Both read nitrates at 10ppm. I was really happy to see this.

During the setup of my tank and many weeks after, I was using RO water from one LFS that had very high nitrates--in excess of 20ppm. And added to the slight curing of my live rock and initial tank setup, nitrates rose to 25ppm slightly above.

I setup my tank with 3inches of very fine sand wasnt too sure if would be enough to reduce nitrates. Finaly after 2months nitrates are being reduced. Woohoo, my tank is progressing nicely. :)

i am glad that the DSB is workign out for you man! i have a 4-5" DSB in my 10 gallon refugium now..and hope that will keep my nitrates down also..*crossing my fingers

There was a huge thread on dsb critters on RC in which I argued that dsb need not necessarily be more than 3 inches... I got all shot up, but my 30 some tanks (customers included) have ran effortlessly with 2- 3 inches and / or with a 1/4 inch lift plennumn fer a few years now. NICE to hear some one ells with similar results.....

PLAUSABLE CONSPIRICY? "DSB ARE A MARKETING PLOY CREATED BY SELLERS OF LIVE SAND AND ARAGONITE SUBSTRATES ! REVOLT !"

well its just a theory.....:P

Archived