Coral Vue Hydros

Nimble Nano Cleaner

_Mitch_

Hello,

I very recently purchased a Nimble Nano Cleaner from inTank as a replacement for my Mag Float. I am using this product for my 17.4g reef which has about 5mm thick glass.

As the title states, I am incredibly disappointed in this product. It seems that the maker of this product put barely any thought, if any, into the product. I say this for a few reasons, which I will list here:

1) The "wet side" of the cleaner sinks VERY quickly when it becomes unattached. This means that the cleaner will fall to the sand and when you get it back against the glass, if you can, there will be a layer of sand between the glass and the cleaner, which will scratch the glass.

2) The cleaner cannot go around corners well. I'd say abut 50% of the time it either falls to the ground (see number 1) or flips around, leaving the cleaning side not facing the glass.

3) The magnet is not strong. If you move the cleaner too quickly, the wet side will fall away because the magnet is not strong enough to keep the sides together.

Now, the only advantage to this cleaner is that the wet side is thin, meaning you can get it into tight spaces. Although if the wet side falls away in one of these tight spaces, (very common) you may never be able to get it back, because it won't float.

Needless to say, I'm returning this horrible product back to inTank ASAP. :angry:

If you guys ever buy another glass cleaner, Two Little Fishes makes one and it's awesome! The wet side is very thin, light and flexible. I get to to the rounded corners of my nano cube with ease and it doesn't stir up sand when you are near the bottom since it is so light. The magnet on those things is also very strong. I can move back and forth as quick as I want and never has it lost connection with the wet side. It's one of the best things I've bought for my tank.

Sorry for rambling on haha.

If you guys ever buy another glass cleaner, Two Little Fishes makes one and it's awesome! The wet side is very thin, light and flexible. I get to to the rounded corners of my nano cube with ease and it doesn't stir up sand when you are near the bottom since it is so light. The magnet on those things is also very strong. I can move back and forth as quick as I want and never has it lost connection with the wet side. It's one of the best things I've bought for my tank.

Sorry for rambling on haha.

I followed the thread as the nimble nano was coming back from extinction...there was soo much hype over how well this thing would perform, so many satisfied customers. Frankly i'm very happy that I didnt just buy one to try it. I actually have 5 of the TLF nano mags and they are just outstanding..I use them on my Pico/nano reefs as well as my freshwater tanks.

so, a BIG two thumbs up to the TLF nano mag if anyone else is pondering which magnet to get.

I just got a nimble super.. I would rate it 3/10.. it works.. but doesn't work well. falls off and sinks easily. It does a fine job holding one of my powerheads straight.. haha. Just wanted a mag that's inconspicuous.

• 4 weeks later...

I have one of these for each of my picos and love it. It can stay in the tank and as ayo said, is inconspicuous, and I have not yet had any issues with it falling off at all. I can see how that would be a pain to get back, but in my size of tank I would just use my long tweezers to grab it so as to not scratch the tank. Doesn't the TLF piece sink too?

forrestp38829

I remember when nimble nano was the pinnacle of glass-cleaning technology. Really bums me out to hear all these negative things about them. I loved mine when I had it, but looking back, maybe it wasn't that practical.

I remember when nimble nano was the pinnacle of glass-cleaning technology. Really bums me out to hear all these negative things about them. I loved mine when I had it, but looking back, maybe it wasn't that practical.

total piece of junk,i spend my money !!!!!!

Cooperstown07
Yeah, it was a complete waste of money for me too

I have the little one you are talking about, the outside portion is a circle and the inside portion a small square, very flexible, and terribly strong. You can almost zap it back together from the opposite side of the tank. Works great. I almost purchased a Nimble Nano, but they just looked way too big for my 2G Pico.

surgicalsense

I have the Super Nimble Nano, it works just fine. I have a 24g. Needs a little bit of elbow grease to remove the diatoms from the glass. But other then that, it gets the job done.

I have a Nimble Nano in my 3g pico and it works great for me. It doesn't work on coraline or thick layer s of other algae, but it's great for getting off film algae and diatoms. The magnet seems to be fairly strong for a small magnet cleaner, although you do have to be careful going around corners. If it does fall off the glass, it's not hard to get it back from the outside. I give it an A+.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived