Top Shelf Aquatics

PIcs of BakPak.. Setup issue..

bgraber

Hello, have this CPR bakpak on my 30gal reef(new). Althought I don't really need to be skimming right now, I am to aid with the cycle and get things runningt smoothly before I add more occupants. Now I pretty much just hung the skimmer on the back, leveled it and plugged it in. The airhose had this little "dome" thing on the end of it(not adjustable) and I ended up replacing that with the venturi adjuster from my maxi-jet 600 power head. i can now more rpecisely adjust the amount of bubble going in to the first chamber on the skimmer. Now the collection cup on the top is just sitting down in the compartment for it. I see no way to adjust how high it sits in there. Maybe I'm missing something. My problem is I don't know how these are supposed to look running "optimally". When producing the most bubbles I end up getting the foam overrunning the cup and down the skimmer foam.jpg

THe collection cup also fills near 3/4 with water leaving the bubbles and the "gunk" mostly to the top of the cup. The water itself gets pretty brown. Look at this pic, what do you say? Does anyone have any good pics of their skimmer in action?

That item says for Bakpak2 and 2r.. This is the original one I believe.. The original use this as well? No bubbles should be coming up from the sides of the cup? I unplugged it.. Still cycling..

Archived