Pod Your Reef

Nano Cubes...Feedback?

mcdavies

Hi all...

I'm new to this site and am glad I found it! Looks super!

I have a 150g reef tank and am considering a nano for my office. I like the JBJ Nano Cube idea but wanted to get some feedback regarding thoughts on it...

Anyone want to share experiences?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Cellenzweig

Hey McD -

Nice to see that I'm not the only AP member around here. You'll find there are varying opinions on the Nanocubes here. Many really like the looks of the tank and the convenience of have the integrated sump, while other have complained that it is very difficult to mod. If you look through the forums, this discussion was had very recently.

Not to anger anyone but I ordered a cube from Drs Foster & Smitha and I sent it back and got an eclipse 12. I thought it sucked. It is tiny and alot of the space is taken up with the sump. It looks more like a TV then a tank and the glass is soooo thin I dont know how it keeps from breaking or leaking. Doesnt seem very well made. I like the looks of the all in one type tanks but after my eclipse I think it isnt really worth it. You wont get an all in one that you are going to be 100% happy with all of the tome and eventually you will want to mod or fix something about it, and when you do you end up tossing all of the stuff you paid big money for. Get you a cheap 10 gallon and customize it with the filters and lights youi like. You can create your own tank specifically for your inhabitants.

Archived