Pod Your Reef

Will chaeto compete with coralline algae?

icecube

I just got some chaeto along with some trochus and hermits. I was planning on putting the chaeto in the tank?? I just have a doubt will the chaeto compete with the coralline algae for nutrients?? I want corraline algae in my tank, so if the chaeto competes with the coralline algae for nutrients then i will not put it in. Also will trochus and turbo snails feed on the chaeto in absence of other algae??

Tips/advices will be appreciated.

I just got some chaeto along with some trochus and hermits. I was planning on putting the chaeto in the tank?? I just have a doubt will the chaeto compete with the coralline algae for nutrients?? I want corraline algae in my tank, so if the chaeto competes with the coralline algae for nutrients then i will not put it in. Also will trochus and turbo snails feed on the chaeto in absence of other algae??

Tips/advices will be appreciated.

It won't compete with coralline growth. If you already have rock with coralline (or coralline on the glass), give it some scrapes to release spores so it will propogate faster. Keep your calcium up in the 425ppm range and it will grow, albeit slowly.

Archived