Innovative Marine Aquariums

Propagate RBTA

Lhewie

Hello guys. Im planning to propagate my anemone today and i was wondering, About how many times can u propagate them? I believe this anemone i have now is big enough to be propagated.

Upon cutting them, do i need iodine? or just dip them in a bucket of water from my tank?

Also, just place them in a low flow area correct?

here is the picture of the anemone,

imag0526e.jpg

The best way I've found to propagate an RBTA was mass feedings, followed by mass water changes. Try feeding it for 2 weeks, then changing about 40 to 50% of the water. Your tank will benefit, and the nem will do all the work for you.

Cut it in half, rinse it in salt water and set it in its own container for a bit. A few drops of iodine will help, but not absolutely needed. Rinse it twice more before putting it back in the tank, they slime a lot when cut. Let it be for a week before feeding/moving/etc.

Jeff

i know colby88 leaves them in the bucket for a an hour or more after he cuts them. i would do that. leave it in a bucket for a few hours with a heater and a tiny powerhead.

WOOT ! I perfectly have cut them in half. For some reason, sinced it was my first time propagating it i was nervous in cutting it and holding it. Thinking it would sting me or something..

After i have cut them, i quickly just let it sit on the bucket for about 1 minute then i took put it inside the tank

One of it seemed to died out but now regaining its strength and its attached to a liverock.

the other piece, the clarkii is already back on it.

You may want to find a way to keep your clown away from it. It has just been stressed and the clarki rubbing on it right now is not going to help matters much.

You may want to find a way to keep your clown away from it. It has just been stressed and the clarki rubbing on it right now is not going to help matters much.

I covered the one that was dying with a net, but the other one is already eating and doing really good.

imag0558b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Alpha Aquaculture

Here is a quick photo journey of us propagating one of our rainbow anemones :)

001_edited-1.jpg

002_edited-1.jpg

003_edited-1.jpg

004_edited-1.jpg

005_edited-1.jpg

006_edited-1.jpg

007_edited-1.jpg

A little Iodine

008_edited-1.jpg

Already moving around hours later

010_edited-1.jpg

Here they are a day later, both are on the glass