Top Shelf Aquatics

Where is hidden Reef?

junglejim83

junglejim83

Hey,

I juat moved down to Philly, I'm at Upenn and was wondering where Hidden Reef is located and if its tough to get there from Penn?

Jim

Hey Jim. Glad to hear you're not dead after the first party weekend at school- I barely made it. Did all your livestock survive the move?

http://www.thehiddenreef.com

It's in N. Philly. Directions are on the site. How's that Xenia doing? The 3 shrooms you gave me are all attached (although one went off on his own) and looking good. They really glow a nice green under the actinics

BTW, found a guy w/ super-rare bright blue buttons. He's gonna hook me up when they spread (they're slow-growing). I'll toss you some when I get them.

There is another place, supposed to be pretty good, in Northampton, near Allentown. They are closed for the summer, so I can not give a personal review.

Link: www.toofishy.com

Bill

Near Hazleton

Just my 2¢, but I think The Hidden Reef has gone downhill lately. They don't take any time to acclimate any fish, corals, or inverts, so as soon as they put them in their tanks they are available to take home. I have had 2 cleaner shrimp die, 2 separate hairy mushrooms, and a number of fw fish, all within the last month and all from The Hidden Reef. Everything else in my tanks (salt and fresh) is (knock on wood) doing great, so it can only be a problem with the stock. It's very disappointing to me because they used to be the best in the area IMO. Try the Frazer Zoo in Frazer, PA (www.frazerzoo.com), which is now my new favorite lfs where I spend all my money.

Archived