SaltCritters.com

Has anyone purchased macroalgae from LA Reefs?

NinjaBum

I made a purchase about 2 weeks ago and due to me going out of town they said they could ship it this week. After a week and a half ago I sent a few messages asking some other questions, and I also sent another 2 days ago asking if it was still good to ship this week. I haven't received answers to any of them. :huh:

I don't think I'm being unreasonable to want some decent communication, am I? John M gets back to you with a couple of days at most, and places like Live Plants will contact you when it's sent out or when there are problems. I think ZERO response to 3 messages in 2 a week and a half is a little ....odd.

I made a purchase about 2 weeks ago and due to me going out of town they said they could ship it this week. After a week and a half ago I sent a few messages asking some other questions, and I also sent another 2 days ago asking if it was still good to ship this week. I haven't received answers to any of them. :huh:

I don't think I'm being unreasonable to want some decent communication, am I? John M gets back to you with a couple of days at most, and places like Live Plants will contact you when it's sent out or when there are problems. I think ZERO response to 3 messages in 2 a week and a half is a little ....odd.

they sometimes take forever (email) but i have ordered in the past. and received product.

I purchased a couple macros from them via ebay. I wrote a little review about them in this forum as well. They packaged everything well, and the macros were in good condition and are growing well. They didn't answer my email, but did ship when I requested them to due to the labor day holiday.

Hmm, I don't know. Just seems like a long time to me to stay out of contact.

I still haven't heard from them. Emailed them several times but no luck hearing back. Guess that's one vendor I can scratch of my list to send money to.

I still haven't heard from them. Emailed them several times but no luck hearing back. Guess that's one vendor I can scratch of my list to send money to.

If you paid via PayPal then you can easily dispute the payment to them. They also have a web message system on their site under the 'contact us' link. There is always the possibility that your email domain is blocked, or that thier email host is having issues. I did find a phone number for them - I have no idea if it is correct or not, but was found using google - 186-896-1483 - which after further research turns out to be an area code provided by China Unicom so this is likely not a mainland number. If they are really China based (with a California drop point) that could explain why everyone seems to have email issues with them. I'm only speculating here...

If you paid via PayPal then you can easily dispute the payment to them. They also have a web message system on their site under the 'contact us' link. There is always the possibility that your email domain is blocked, or that thier email host is having issues. I did find a phone number for them - I have no idea if it is correct or not, but was found using google - 186-896-1483 - which after further research turns out to be an area code provided by China Unicom so this is likely not a mainland number. If they are really China based (with a California drop point) that could explain why everyone seems to have email issues with them. I'm only speculating here...

Well I used both the Contact Us link and replies to their email in my efforts to get a response. They emailed me after I placed my order and sent a a question, so I know there is no issue there. I used my credit card info to place the order and it's still listed as pending. I won't throw a fit unless all of a sudden it goes through then I'll have a real issue.

Archived