Pod Your Reef

BocaIvan's Build Thread

BocaIvan

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They dnt sell putty and the glue they sell is like $10, lowes has loctite gel for $3, the putty I ordered from Stevie T @ intank. Check his siTe

HD carries the putty too, Just look for the potable epoxy near where the superglue is sold. No need to buy the reef branded stuff, just the usual saltwater markup.

Got my first SPS last night! Epoxied and glued it and the frogspawn this morning.

I'll take and post pics layer tonight or Monday. Lights need to come on for pics.

Also got a cleaner shrimp since my blood shrimp never comes out when the lights are on.

Got my first SPS last night! Epoxied and glued it and the frogspawn this morning.

I'll take and post pics layer tonight or Monday. Lights need to come on for pics.

Also got a cleaner shrimp since my blood shrimp never comes out when the lights are on.

Get ready to see the greediest animal you have ever seen... I love mine but he steals all of the food from my coral!! :angry:

SouthFlorida_Tron
homeboy down in Pompano...

i used to go in there like every other 2 days... now once a week for water.... i think they liked me better when i spent hundreds of dollars on corals rather than a dollar on water hahaha

I wouldn't doubt it.

I may head down there this weekend to pick up another cleaner... Do you know when they get their shipments?

So after some recent troubles and frustration at my LFS I have decided to start mixing my own water and testing everything myself. Also, I'll be switching from dosing Reef Results Marine One-Step Calcium Carbonator to B-Ionic.

I should be receiving today:

MD Pro Refractometer

Salifert kits - Calcium, Alkalinity, Magnesium

B-Ionic 2 - Part

B-Ionic Magnesium

Reef Crystals salt mix

Haven't updated this in a while...

So I'm not crazy about my scape, I don't think it's going to work well for coral placement, so today I will be attempting to rearrange some of the rocks.

RC mix is awesome, I finalize stabilized my salt level at 1.025. It was constantly changing when I was using the SW from my LFS. Dosing B-Ionic has been much easier and doesn't make a cloudy mess like the other stuff I was using. Still trying to figure out how much I need to put in though, hope to have it figured out in the next few days.

Wish me luck on the new scape, I hate doing it, I have 0 imagination when it comes to that.

Love the scape, is it centered in the tank or semi up against the back wall?

Both. Looking to get rid of the shelf on top and make it more like a hill growig to the back of te tank.

Archived