Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

setup for 96w coralife light

scapone

set up for 96watt power quad

I just got my power quad setup and hooked it up and i just have a few questions

1. I set mine up with the legs and i removed my glass canopy which i used with my 32x2 csl light is this ok pros and cons

2. My light comes with the 50/50 96w quad bulb but i was wondering being a light fiend how much more bright would it be with a power quad all 10k light and what are the pro's and cons. Don't get me wrong im happy with my new light but I want even more light now

:P

1. there are no cons or pros really. If you have it directly above your tank, with nothing in between, it could lead to some evap...but as long as you top off, you will be ok. The glass canopy would help with splash and evap, but without it is ok too.

2. the actinic bulb important for coral growh. the PC you bought is 4 bulbs, half is 10k and the other half is actinic. There is talk that the actinic is both for beauty but also for growth from the blue lights at the end of the spectrum...

I have the same powerquad, I am going to replace the 50/50 with an all 10k and then run 2 32watt actinic bulbs next to it since I dont think the blue in the 50/50 blub is strong enough to bring out the colors in some corals.

true, it might not give you the light you want. But it is sufficient for a 10 gallon. There are mixed reviews, some are happy, some not. Nothing too negative though on those 96w quads.

insipid please when you do change to 10k let me know how it works out i have yet to find a person doing this. p.s. I have an extra 32x2 light i can run with just atinic how will you set your up while using the 96w

Archived