Coral Vue Hydros

Just some pics of my fuge

USFnano

I figured I'd post some pics of my fuge incase anyone was looking for ideas.

It's a rubbermaid tub(~3 gallons) with two 1/2" bulkheads. It's fed by a T'd off Mag 5(that's also running my scwd) with a ball valve on it. It's got about 2" of live sand, some lr rubble, and my heater. It's lit by a 13w PC

274610_54_full.jpg

274610_55_full.jpg

And a pic showing the plumbing before anything was put in it

274610_31_full.jpg

btw, the GSP is only in there temporarily, until I figure out what I'm going to do with it ;)

bones_bones

Very interesting. What size tank do you have it on? Are you planning to put macro in it. I've been thinking about doing something similar....

You said the mag 5 is working double duty. Any idea how much flow you are running through the 1/2" bulkheads?

The main tank is a 10g. I'll be getting some macro from a local reefer probably sometime this week.

There's probably ~50gph going through the fuge and probably about 325gph coming out the SCWD.

Just to be on the safe side , I would get rid of the Feather Caulerpa now, and get some Chaetomorpha instead. Cheato is great for nutrient export, grows quickly, and because it does not go asexual, the lights do not need to run 24/7.

This is JMO but everyone I know who had Feather has switched to Chaeto.

BTW - excellent looking refugium

B)

• 2 weeks later...

I've read the threads on caulerpa, but it was free and I don't mind running the 13w pc 24/7. Since it was added, I've had to thin it out three times. It's growing very fast.

Archived