inTank Media Baskets

PLEASE I NEED HELP!!!! Hermit Shells

lwfjester

I searched on this board (I don't use any other one) and couldn't find what I'm looking for. My hermits are growing rapidly, and I need some shells....anybody know where I can buy them...I live in Chicago, and I will order stuff online. Anybody that next day's would be great!!!

Sorry for the rush, but them need 'em bad and I don't want them attacking my snails for them.

BoboX)

Hmmmm, mapv281, where these laquered shells or purely natural shells?

I've got a couple that I picked up at the beach, and have been sitting around my house for about 2 years that Im just waiting to use when the time comes for my hermits to move into bigger digs.

www.liveaquaria.com -

I believe they sell 12 shells for 3 bucks.

If you have other hermits that are not out growing their shells. They will be beaten and bothered until the Shell-less crab will get one. So i suggest you move the others until he gets a shell of his own. Or you can let nature take its course, and have them duke it out for the shell. up to you...i personally would move the crab with the shell, its his home, it shouldnt get taken from him.

If you have other hermits that are not out growing their shells. They will be beaten and bothered until the Shell-less crab will get one. So i suggest you move the others until he gets a shell of his own. Or you can let nature take its course, and have them duke it out for the shell. up to you...i personally would move the crab with the shell, its his home, it shouldnt get taken from him.

:DB) The guy that was too big, just moved back into his old shell, and it doesn't fit right ..its funny to see. Thanks for the links and help guys. I am sure there are lots of people who will benefit. And as a side note let me say that all of you out there in cyberspace are wonderful people and that I LOVE THIS BOARD you guys are great :blush:

BoboB)

whenever i am at the LFS and buying hermit crabs and always just get the guy to throw in a couple of shells that are bigger than the crabs i am buying, they usually don't charge anything extra (but every LFS is of course different)

I got my extra shells at a craft store called Michaels. They had a bag-o-shells for crafts that worked great.

that's where i got my shells, a bag of prolly 25 shells for $2.99

Archived