Innovative Marine Aquariums

Carpets in My Nano

Euphyllia

Costa Reefing

You never know it could have been an H. Malu, ive seen LFS call them "carpets", those only grow like 10-12in.

But as far as being able to keep a true carpet, I think keeping a haddoni (what wartskin posted) is possible although you wont have room for any coral or fish except clowns. Even then and you need to be careful introducing it to the clowns because haddonis have been known to eat them as well.

If the nem is a gigantea then i dont think it would be possible, the amount of flow, pristine water quality and light those things need would be ridiculous to consider in a biocube. A huge skimmer, a couple of tunzes or something like 2 mp40s and a 400w MH would make for a disaster, or the pimpest biocube ever. Saying that did work though, the gig would grow and then get shredded by the pumps because the dimensions of the tank are simply too small.

Because my clowns won't take a maxi. I want it for the sake of the clowns, just to watch them swim around in the tentacles. Maxis can't do that.

get a bta. my clowns have no intrest in my carpet nem.

• 11 months later...

There actually is such thing guys. Thanks for steering me away from something that could have kept my interest in the hobby. <3

Archived