Coral Vue Hydros

Clown has taken to my frogspawn!!

Satchmo

VICTORY!! My oscillaris clown has successfully taken a frogspwan as its host. Got home from work and went over to the nano for my daily staring session, and there it was. One happy little clownfish wiggling around in a lush bed of waving tentacles. It's been probably about 6 weeks since I added the frog and I was resigned to the fact that it wasn't going to happen. I'm FRIGGIN THRILLED!! The image of a clown in a host is something that has captivated me since I was a wee lad. Now I can watch it anytime I want in my living room! :D

Pre-season football starts this weekend, my girlfriend is NOT pregnant (whew!), and my clown has taken a host! Damn life is sweet. I'm gonna go have a beer B)

Originally posted by Satchmo

VICTORY!!  Pre-season football starts this weekend, my girlfriend is NOT pregnant (whew!), and my clown has taken a host!  Damn life is sweet.  I'm gonna go have a beer  B)

all is good in the world. peace on earth.

Glad to hear the clown took to the frog. In my old tank I had a clown in an elegant coral, a clown in a carpet anemone and a clown that like to rub against the lower right hand corner of the tank. Odd critters those clowns.

Thanks Crak. I still have that Capnella frag for you BTW, don't think I blew you off. It's the only one left and it's very small (<1"). If I pluck it now, it's gonna shrivel up like a naked eskimo and will be difficult for you to get it to attach anywhere. It would be easier to let it get to a good 2", then I can pull it off my rock, attach it to rubble for you, and drop it by.

Understand comepletely. No rush either as I am installing my refugium this week and hoping to hit country critters in a couple weeks. Plus, I am still waiting on a xenia frag from a friend so, like I said, I can clearly wait for the capnella.

i have a frogspawn in my 28 gallon and when i brought home my percula pair they were interested in it in a couple of days. they would swim around and stare at it. i was like "come on, come on...dive in" and eventually they did now they are always wiggling around in it. its fun to watch.

NanoReefer53

doot de doot de doot, im i'm still waiting for my potential clown pair to take my frogspawn (been one day only :P )

congrats satchmo ! :)

Satchmo thats awesome man.

I can just imagine what a sight that will be. Hopefully one day my clowns will take to one of my corals zzz

Pre-season football starts this weekend, my girlfriend is NOT pregnant (whew!), and my clown has taken a host! Damn life is sweet.
hehehehe.

Glad to hear all is sweet. :

Glad to hear, bet it was worth the wait. You may have inspired me to try the same thing. I would have liked to have an anenome but I don't want to devote a whole tank to just an anenome and a clown fish.:)

Thats awesome Satchmo. My clown wont take to either of my frogspawns. It hangs around the pink one but doesn't dive in it or anything.

Thanks all :)

For those waiting for their clowns to host... like I said, I had all but given up on mine-- I've been waiting for weeks. I had actually contemplated taking the clown back to my LFS and trading him for another. I figured maybe a new clown, added after the frog was already established, would take to it differently. Now, as I'm watching him weave in and out of the frog heads, I feel bad that I almost turned on him :(

Just glad it finally worked. This phenomenon was what originally gave me the reef-bug.

Archived