Innovative Marine Aquariums

what corals to add?

sjwalton

okay folks its time to add a few corals. My little ten gallon is steady and ready. 72watts of light, all parameters look good, temp is steady and all the snails and crabs are healthy and lately several anemone looking creatures have bloomed out of the LR not to mention the several hundred tiny featherdusters. SO somebody tell me so good cheap pretty not gonna kill or eat anything else in the tank corals to buy. OR preferably anybody wanna contribute some clippings or tell me of a good place to get cheap clippings. GARF is one place with there 100 dollare special but thats kinda steep at this moment in time so..........comments plz............

look for softies. leathers, colts, button and yellow polyps. shrooms are always nice. if you want stonies eventually, candycane are quite common.

several anemone looking creatures could be aiptasia which could be bad.

As for corals, check out flyingfishexpress for the you see it you buy it section. Also, coralfarms.com, lonestarcorals.com for some nice stuff at decent prices.

don't go for any of the $100 special packages. add one or two at a time to create the look you want. also those specials tend to be on the smallish side per individual coral.

like Mr_Spam suggests, a nice leather coral is a good start. easy, hardy, and fast growing. you'll start trimming it back pretty soon.

Archived