SaltCritters.com

Hurricane Supplies- Affordable Generator

saippenu

Whew, I am seriously glad that I purchased this small, affordable generator to power my 3 precious tanks.

I've had it for a little over a year but this is the first time I've actually needed to use it.

It worked great. I left it out on the deck and ran an extension cord through a slider to the living room where my 3 tanks are. I didnt need the heaters going but it had no troubles running all 3 pumps to keep all the water moving normally for hours. I have two 29 gallon Biocubes and one 40 gallon with a HOB filter on it.

Yaaaaay !

post-51540-1314551636_thumb.jpg

Inexpensive Generator

• 3 weeks later...

If you own a house, you should have a Generator.

If your hobby requires constant reliable electricity. You need a generator.

The problem I have with generators is the noise. How was the noise from this unit?

I have had a 5500 watt for a while and I picked up the Harbor Freight 1000 watt a few years back because I figured that the amount of money I would save on gas in a few days without power would pay for it. This was when the 1000 watt was $200. For $129 its too good to pass up if you have any sort of aquarium.

Rocket, I've never had a regular sized generator so I can't compare the noise factor. I'd say that it is not as loud as my lawnmower, but almost that loud.

For $129 its too good to pass up if you have any sort of aquarium.

Agreed. Someone at work pointed it out to me when it first dropped in price. I thought it was a special sale so I ran down there and got one ASAP. The price hasn't changed since then though. It's a great deal and makes it affordable for most of us.

Archived