Innovative Marine Aquariums

KissMyDSM's Mixed 40B

KissMyDSM

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That right island is just awesome!!!! Things are really starting to fill in nicely :)

Thanks MW. I got a frag of the "love" mille from Reef Gardener up on top. Hope that one colors up!

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a Phosban 150 reactor. It looks nice and seems to be well built. I put my chemi-pure and purigen in it and put the return loop on it before any of the water from the sump returns to the display forcing all water through the media instead of hopeing that the water ran through it on the media rack. It seems to be working real well. I understand that there is a chance it could clog up potentially so I will be checking and or cleaning periodically to make sure nothing bad happens. If you were considering a reactor for what it is actually supposed to be used for I recommend this product. The up flow is nice and with whatever media you wanted to run and it seems to me it would work great. For 29.99 you can't go wrong.

Dude, love this tank!!! More pics??????

Thanks. I will get some more this following week. Grabbing a couple more pieces of sps while I am on the west side of my state

disaster999
I like the jelly beans a lot. But This is my 3rd 1st gen and it will probably be with me till I die. I dump my waste gate back into my 3 inch downpipe......I like to hear the spool more than anything. Oh yeah it is a Tial 44m Vband WG forgot lol to many damn parts.

Just like this hobby it gets expensive fast and can get super frustrating at times but the payoff is priceless. I just haven't crossed over that hurdle yet ;)

I thought I had a newer pic on this laptop but this gives you an idea.

IMG_0593.jpg

crankwalk.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some new additions

ORA Red Goni

ORARedGoni.jpg

Monti Lantana - couldn't get a good shot

Purple Plasma - same deal...need jacob to come take some pics.

Great build. Tank looks awesome. Well done on the super neat plumbing job.

Sump is sweet looking and I love the light tree!!

Jason

Most of the plumbing got changed. I should get some new pics of the sump area.

Thanks for the comments.

Still lookin awesome man. I need to set up a 40 breeder for my upstairs living room. I'm working on the 120 for the basement living area. On a side note I got the 2g ready for the racing season. You get the 1g up and running? You gonna take it to the track and see what it runs?

Still lookin awesome man. I need to set up a 40 breeder for my upstairs living room. I'm working on the 120 for the basement living area. On a side note I got the 2g ready for the racing season. You get the 1g up and running? You gonna take it to the track and see what it runs?

I am in the process downgrading from 1450s to 750s. The new chip is on the way but need the injectors. Also re-working some of the intercooler piping. Never liked how it fit to begin with.

You should get a 40. They rock. Maybe find one with some starfire glass. That would be nice.

Some shot of the Cadlights sump. Bubble Magus Nac6A, more rock with thousands of little sponges. Three types of macro and the return pump pushing all of the return water through a phosban reactor with chemi-pure and purigen in it.

IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1516.jpg

• 1 month later...

New pics for May. Have added and subtracted a few things. Most sps have encrusted but no major growth yet. (Has not been long enough).

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

Awesome little fungia from Halcyonism

IMG_1591.jpg

View from the couch

IMG_1612.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Taking down the nano and combining with the 40. Most everything gets transferred. Will update with pics and thoughts soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Once everything gets settled in a little more I will update the thread with some new stuff.

Always a man of suspense.

Archived