Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Clam Pedestal! ~Pix~

TJ_Burton

This is my new clam! fairly large about 5.5" Beautiful Purple/Blue with white/Baby blue freckles near the outer rim, and developing a beautiful gold ring aound the inside.

I love where I placed him in the tank! I put him on top of the right hand side rockwork, which just happens to be a dead Table Acropora attached to the top of it. So after putting the clam on there and settpin back to take a look, it sorta looked to me like it was up on a pedestal! lol... aw well... I just am i n love with a new critter...

ANYWAYS I will try and get some pices of him open...

In my experiences, and from the knowledge of a friend (clam lover) clams are unaffected by the stings of corals.

I only believe him as he has kept over 50 clams, unfortunetly the blackout last summer killed them all, he is starting over, some amazing stuff!

But I will monitor him closely just incase!

Next few pics just to show the Gold band its developing (I mentioned it earlier). Now that it is acclimated and opening up much nicer then the first day I could take a few more decent pics.

This is my 3rd clam, but the first to go in the nano!

I am beggining to become a little clam lover like my friend... This can turn out to be one expensive fettish! lol

Originally posted by Lunchbucket

i would get that torch away from him...it will burn it!!

Lunchbucket

i've had a clam right next to as frogspawn in my tank for about a year now with no problems at all. Euphylia's are good for controlling GSP's though.. They stopped their growth really fast as soon as it got to the frogspawn's reach.

Archived