Coral Vue Hydros

Dirty Joe's 28 Gallons of Magic

Joe Dirt

Bryopsis tries.to.grow.in my sand bed....then I decided.to ramp all my leads up to full power for.two hours.everyday and burn the ####.outta.of it with a.squirt of freshly dissolved magnesium chloride/sulfate powder

How long did it take to go away?

Everything looks really nice

Why thank you.

On a side note, I have a project that I've had in mind for a while now. I have two fist size pieces of LR that used to be in my QT. They have been baking in the garage for a while now. Since I just finish scraping the back wall off and I need more room for my SPS addiction, I was thinking of gluing those two rocks to the back wall with putty and CA. They would be to the right and left of the peak in the middle of the rock work. I know it'll come off with a little bit of effort if I needed to. I guess my only concern is that it may cause a little ammonia spike or something. Opinions? Criticisms?

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My new plan is to run macros behind my rock work and try to keep the nutrients down. I'll keep scrubbing and hopefully the macros eat up the nutrients and the nuisance crap dies a fiery death!!! :wizard:

You seriously need some of Danyello's miracle macro. I'm sure you've seen us talking about it :lol: That stuff eats nitrates like a pro. It grows like a weed. I'll bring you some when I see you in a couple of weeks!!!!!!

I know have room for 2 more pieces of SPS! I'll do the other side again tomorrow. It was a fail today. :(

ab20b484.jpg

I'm not really sure yet. I'm thinking that I may save that space just for ORA Pearlberry whenever I can find a good sized frag of it.

I'm sure that would look nice! I'm kind of glad I'm out of SPS space or I'd be spending WAY too much money on expensive SPS frags.

I want a 40B so bad, but the cost isn't worth it right now. Might as well go big or home home. :lol:

Yeah, upgrading is expensive. Luckily there's no way I can fit anything bigger than my 30 gallon in my living room. That way I can't be tempted into upgrading again.

You don't know how many times I've measured my rooms to figure out where to put a 120G. B)

What do you think of this bad boy?

orangesherpert.jpg

Very nice! I want a colony one day.

NEW FTS!!!

3e18584e.jpg

My utter choas's are redic!

9a767652.jpg

My orange digi!

6c1b242c.jpg

All these shots were taken with T5 supplementing the color. I want a hybrid fixture so bad now. :angry:

Looking good!

Looking good!

Thanks bud. :D

DROOL! and :bling:

IKR. Buuuuuuuuut, he's local and I don't have to worry about the stresses of shiiiiiiiiipping. Aaaaaaand, it has a very reasonable margin for profit for growout. Hmmmmm.

Why I love the Tron Corals so much! The Pearlberry and Tricolor are going to be MONSTERS! ;)

Yeah, that tank and Rehypes are boss.

Man is that pricey, but if there's not shipping involved and you could frag it and sell it, it might be worth it.

Looks like your rock on the wall idea turned out great!!!!!! Where is Sexy Corals located? Not gonna buy anything, just curious :)

I just finished attaching the second piece of LR to the left side. It worked this time. I chipped away at the underside of the piece to reduce weight. I also took advantage of having all that water out of the tank and did a 40% WC. I'm hoping this helps get a lot of the nutrients out of the tank and can help speed things up. I officially need more SPS now. :)

I just realized something...I wasn't having these issues when I did 5G WCs. I reduced my WC down to 2 1/2G to make it an even-ish 10%. I'm going to bump it back up to 5G from now on to see if it makes a difference. Opinions?

EDIT: I think I was doing 3G WCs instead. Either way, I reduced the volume. I'm thinking of sticking with 5G.

Beautiful tank. I really like the quarantine too, real simple but neat/tidy :)

Also I'm a noob but I vote yes on bumping the WC's back upto 5G certainly wouldn't hurt.

Beautiful tank. I really like the quarantine too, real simple but neat/tidy :)

Also I'm a noob but I vote yes on bumping the WC's back upto 5G certainly wouldn't hurt.

Thanks for looking wozniak (apple fanboy here). I am going to. I was getting away with stretching out my water supply this way. Oh well, more time at Vivid for me. Muahahaha!

Archived