inTank Media Baskets

Dirty Joe's 28 Gallons of Magic

Joe Dirt

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense

Wow! Man who builds reef tank, now makes pies from large orange squash. Hahaha!

* Seriously that is pretty cool. I wish I had paid a bit attention when my grandma was making her pies. I am sure I would of learned something.

Wow! Man who builds reef tank, now makes pies from large orange squash. Hahaha!

* Seriously that is pretty cool. I wish I had paid a bit attention when my grandma was making her pies. I am sure I would of learned something.

I love cooking. I specialize in artisan breads. Its my passion. I went skydiving one day and stopped in at a book store in the area. I found a bread baking book for $7 and I've been hooked ever since.

surgicalsense

Hahahaha! I dig how you did this in one leap.

"I went skydiving one day and stopped in at a book store in the area". Hitting the sause a little early while preparing Thanksgiving dinner, I see. LOL ........ j/k!

Did you skydive into the book store parking lot?

Cooking is wonderful. My bf has taken over the kitchen, I no longer cook, by default only. He is also a awesome cook. However, he wants to learn breads and baking. That part is not his thing.

Hahahaha! I dig how you did this in one leap.

"I went skydiving one day and stopped in at a book store in the area". Hitting the sause a little early while preparing Thanksgiving dinner, I see. LOL ........ j/k!

Did you skydive into the book store parking lot?

Cooking is wonderful. My bf has taken over the kitchen, I no longer cook, by default only. He is also a awesome cook. However, he wants to learn breads and baking. That part is not his thing.

Bread is really fun. I've learned that the key to a good loaf is in the kneading. You need to spend the extra time working the dough to get the right consistency. A simple braid for presentation.

You read it wrong, the bookstore was also falling and he stopped in while sky diving. :D

I paid extra for that! ;)

Happy Thanksgiving, Joe! I think baking bread is a man thing. My husband LOVES to bake bread :lol:

Happy Thanksgiving! I find that baking bread is quite therapeutic. Here is one of my breads. Its Guinness and Molasses bread. Very hearty.

61093_1286104091823_1806798133_587815_5511198_n.jpg

Ditch the bread maker! Its way more fun to work the dough by hand and watch it rise, then throw it on a baking stone. bread makers are good for fast, simple white loafs or like a cinnamon raisin. Here is another one of my creations. Its Laganas bread; a greek bread with a seed medley as a topping. Quite good.

188745_1456644595229_1806798133_882100_2428346_n.jpg

Or maybe some french bread? This is a loaf of Pain de Campagne.

hphoto...0_7655728_n.jpg

That looks amazing! I bet it's as good as it sounds, too! I showed my husband....he said "ooooohhhhh" :)

I think you need to start your own bakery! WOW!

:blush: Thanks. I would love to do that one day. I really like the style of like a Panera Bread but with a visible stone oven and a broader variety of specialty breads.

Wow is right, not that I thought you where joshing me or anything. Amazing ... you should start a bakery.

:blush: Thanks Surgical.

surgicalsense

This is a important question...

Q: Did you discover this book of bread prior to skydiving?

:huh:

... this is, "Life of Brian" like.

This is a important question...

Q: Did you discover this book of bread prior to skydiving?

:huh:

... this is, "Life of Brian" like.

"We were led by a star. Led by a bottle, more like." LOL

I really like the idea that once you landed your life was clear to you that you needed to start making bread :lol:

I saw the light my son. Breadery is my destiny, divine and true.

Dude, I just got the smoke out of my house from burning the pillsbury rolls.

I laughed hard on this one because my mother-in-law has burned brown and serve rolls every year I've known her for the holidays. omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg It's just plain funny.

Archived