Pod Your Reef

Hydor Customer Service

sean151

I've tried emailing customer service twice through the website on different dates and after a week I've received no replies. I have yet to call, but have usually been too busy during normal operating times to call. I just want my Knano replaced because the red ball broke and every thread I've looked up has said emailing either got a quick response or no response at all.

28g nano noob
I've tried emailing customer service twice through the website on different dates and after a week I've received no replies. I have yet to call, but have usually been too busy during normal operating times to call. I just want my Knano replaced because the red ball broke and every thread I've looked up has said emailing either got a quick response or no response at all.

there wonderful dont worry they just sent me 2 brand new front pieces for my nano takes abour 4 days to here from them but after that its great service i wil vouch they have the best cs for a major company ive ran into

there wonderful dont worry they just sent me 2 brand new front pieces for my nano takes abour 4 days to here from them but after that its great service i wil vouch they have the best cs for a major company ive ran into

With Foster and Smith Aquatics I get replies within 24 hours and same day shipping for replacement parts. I feel 4 days is actually quite horrendous support as I would have liked it a week ago when I first emailed them, but maybe they'll come through in the end without me needing to call or email again.

I emailed them with a question about the Slim Skim and they got back to me within 12 hours. IDK what the problem is, I've only heard good things about their CS. Try copying/pasting their email addy and sending from your email. Your computer may be sending it through windows mail or whatever it is.

I emailed them with a question about the Slim Skim and they got back to me within 12 hours. IDK what the problem is, I've only heard good things about their CS. Try copying/pasting their email addy and sending from your email. Your computer may be sending it through windows mail or whatever it is.

I've done it through their website and copied and pasted it into gmaill. I've seen reviews of Hydor's CS going only the extremes of both sides, works right away or virtually never.

I had pretty good luck, using their web form. I lost 3 of the rubber bands that hold a magnetic mount for a powerhead and they sent me replacements for free. It wasn't instant but I appreciate them taking care of me on that.

I finally got a response, one that is generic and should actually be in the FAQ instead of having to contact them.

Hi Sean

Unfortunately the mounting pin on the Nano is not replaceable. You can either exchange the store you purchased it from or your can send us the unit for exchange. If you send us the unit, make sure to include the following information with the unit.

I'm happy I finally got a reply, but I mean if it's that easy why not say so on their website. I would have had it back by now if I shipped it right away.

I finally got a response, one that is generic and should actually be in the FAQ instead of having to contact them.

I'm happy I finally got a reply, but I mean if it's that easy why not say so on their website. I would have had it back by now if I shipped it right away.

I had a reply about my red mounting shaft within 12 hours. They sent me a replacement, however, the wrong one. I got an impeller shaft in the mail and gave up.

I had a reply about my red mounting shaft within 12 hours. They sent me a replacement, however, the wrong one. I got an impeller shaft in the mail and gave up.

With the red ball on the Knano the whole unit must be replaced so you have to swap it for another, which means paying shipping just to get a replacement. Something as basic as this isn't worthy of having to send an email to get a preprogrammed response if there is only one answer. I'm glad you were able to get a quick reply though.

I had a Nano 425 that stopped rotating. I engaged customer service with the web form. After a little troubleshooting back and forth, they had me send it to them in Sacramento. About two weeks later I had the unit show up, fixed, in the mail. (No further communication since the Email authorizing RMA).

So, I would describe it as utilitarian if not outstanding (which is where I would place, say, Ecoxotic for RMAs). I notice their web form uses "Contatto dal sito" as a subject line (Hydor is Italian) so there could be a minor language barrier from time to time?

• 3 weeks later...

It arrived in Sacramento two weeks ago tomorrow. I expect it back soon or I won't be the happiest person. So far I would give them a 7 out of 10. Passing, but the communication with them is horrible and you just have to hope everything works out. No reason for it to take over a week from arrival to get here as all they do is exchange it, nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally arrived. 4 weeks after it had arrived in Sacramento for them to replace. I was about to give up hope and buy a new powerhead from a different company. I would give them a C- rating with the lack of info and communication they did with me.

Archived