inTank Media Baskets

Q: fungia plate and zoos

Saul 1

I purchased a green tentacle fungia plate and some pink zoos and had them under 64W of PC lighting. With this set up, my fungia looked happy and the zoos were kind of reaching for light. Then I got a 70W metal halide and now I have noticed that some of the fungia plates tissue has been getting white and its tentacles and not fully extended. My pink zoos also seem to be closing. When I had the metal halide for the first week (which I acclimated) everything was fine. Now at week 3 or 4 both of these corals dont seem too happy. Does anyone know whats wrong? My guess is that its too much light since I now have a 70W MH and 64W of ultra-atinics. Please help since I've already begun to think about placing my zoos in an area of lower light and just getting rid of my fungia plate. Thanks.

-Saul

Cheyendra,

Its a minibow with a five inch canopy so I'd say its about 15" from the bulb to ground.

cjm033,

Yea I'm thinking of cuting the Mh period which is 8 hrs to 6hrs. My pink zoos look a lot better. I think they have acclimated to it. The plate is doesnt seem to happy though.

-Saul

• 3 weeks later...

Archived