Cultivated Reef

Live Rock question. Colors?

pos_user

Hey guys.

Just picked up 4 lbs of LR for my 10 gallon. Will post pics later. I have a few questions...I just got 4lbs of live rock from my LFS, which looks pretty bad..and I dont have anywhere to purchase it from, other than online....

The rock doesnt have that many colors, very blah.

Browns and greys , some green and a little purple. But mostly looks like lonely dead coral. Doesnt look like any living organisms on it, will it still help the tank cycle? Since there were organisms there at one point? or dying organsims as well? Also how long would it take for the LR to reestablish and hopefully get some color again. Thanks, and sorry for the newb questions.

I got my rock from a LF also that looked that way. All I gotta say it keeps an eye out when the lights are off hehe I was thinking to same thing about my rock untill I notice a button polyp, 4fan worms small crab douno wth he is yet lol an a few other things an most of them never came out untill the lights went out.

wow, thats awesome. These rocks are somewhat small however, about the size of a tennis ball with very little color. Im hoping that I can get the life you have taken home with you, but with out the annoying hitchhikers.

Yea like I said just keep an eye on it :) I douno if its me or not but I never really seen the fan worm untill a week after because they scare easy douno about any one else but it was like they wont sure about my tank lol come out for 2secs an suck back in the rock :| SO gotta be quick! heh that was when its was in my 55g now that its in my 10 there out like 24/7

I got this piece from the LFS that has blue, yellow, pink, red and orange on it.. Looks like a blue crayon did it.. Is this stuff gonna grow?

Archived